“Buy or Bye”™ – Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Week 10 2023 Cash Games
By Ha Kung Wong
In 2022, we were over 70% for cash lineups again and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 10 of the 2023 season!
As usual, before we get to winning you more bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
And as we did last year, we’re also adding our top two player prop picks to help you win even MORE money!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 10 of the 2023 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
As per usual, I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome.
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games and player props for Week10 contests, along with they’re prices.
- For those new to this column, note that I never advocate against you paying up at any particular position for DFS. We all know that the likes of Patrick Mahomes and Christian McCaffrey are probably going to have the most consistent upside in terms of potential fantasy points from week to week. But remember that DFS is a salary cap game. You can feel free to sprinkle high priced players into your lineups, but you can’t pay up at every position because there’s simply not enough salary to go around. I try my best each week to provide my thoughts on how you might want to balance your cash lineups in terms of points potential and salary.
- My approach to DFS in Week 10 is to pay up for RBs to anchor your team and fill up on value at WR and DEF with a mid-priced QB option.
- The “Free Square of the Week”™ is Tank Dell. Dell caught 6 of 11 targets for 114 yards and 2 TDs in Week 9. In 5 full games this season, Dell leads Houston with a 20.1% target share and 33.5% air-yard share, and top WR Nico Collins has been ruled out due to injury leaving Dell as the de facto WR1 for a surging CJ Stroud. No guarantees, but I love the opportunity and upside for a mid-to-low price across industry. Tyler Boyd gets a close second with Tee Higgins out and J’Marr Chase questionable. And Devin Singletary is a decent punt play with Dameon Pearce out due to injury.
- The Detroit Lions @ Los Angeles Chargers game has the highest over/under of the weekend (48.5) and a spread of 3, so I’m in on most skill players here, including Amon-Ra St. Brown, Sam LaPorta and Jared Goff in that order, particularly since the Chargers defense is ranked LAST against the pass and has allowed the 4th most fantasy points to wide receivers this season. I particularly like St. Brown who has averaged 14.3 targets over his last 3 games and should be healthy coming of Detroit’s bye. The Chargers have shut down the run recently, though, so I’m avoiding Montgomery and Gibbs. As for the Chargers, I like Keenan Allen, Austin Ekeler, Justin Herbert and Gerald Everett in that order, though I’m not as bullish since the Lions defense has been top 5 all year.
- Christian McCaffrey has been incredible this year even playing through injuries. He has 17 straight games with a TD and faces a Jaguars defense that has allowed the most receptions (7.5) and the 3rd most receiving yards (49.4) to running backs.
- On defense, I love taking value and paying down, which means I like the Arizona Cardinals Defense, which is priced near minimum across industry and gets to face a Falcons offense that’s ranked 11th overall, but just 17th passing the ball.
Good luck everyone with your Week 10 Cash Lineups, and I’ll see you next week for some Week 11 Cash Lineup suggestions!