“Buy or Bye”™ – Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Week 12 2022 Cash Games
By Ha Kung Wong
In 2021, we were over 70% for cash lineups and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 12 of the 2022 season!
As usual, before we get to winning you more bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 12 of the 2022 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
As per usual, I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome.
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games and player props for Week 12 contests, along with they’re prices.
- For those new to this column, note that I never advocate against you paying up at any particular position for DFS. We all know that the likes of Patrick Mahomes are probably going to have the most consistent upside in terms of potential fantasy points from week to week. But remember that DFS is a salary cap game. You can feel free to sprinkle high priced players into your lineups, but you can’t pay up at every position because there’s simply not enough salary to go around. I try my best each week to provide my thoughts on how you might want to balance your cash lineups in terms of points potential and salary.
- My approach to DFS in Week 12 is to pay down at QB and RB (there’s lots of value here with all the injuries) and anchor my team with a stud TE and RB.
- My “Free Square of the Week”™ of the week is actually more than one with all the aforementioned injuries, and I’m playing them wherever I can. This includes Jeff Wilson Jr., Samaje Perine and Rachaad White.
- Wilson is rolling with 72 total yards and a TD in Week 9 and 143 total yards and a TD in Week 10, and that was with Raheem Mostert sharing carries. Mostert is out this week, leaving Wilson alone to abuse the last ranked Houston Texans run defense. He’s still priced like an RB2 since priced were set prior to Mostert being ruled out. Fire him up.
- Perine is in a similar situation with Joe Mixon ruled out. He had 82 total yard a 3 TDs last week after Mixon went out early. He faces a better run defense this week in the Titans, but with his pass catching ability (all 3 of his TDs in Week 11 were receiving TDs) I love his upside at his rock bottom pricing.
- White also finds himself in a similar situation with Leonard Fournette out. He put up 105 yards prior to the bye and now he gets the be the lead back against the Cleveland Browns 24th ranked run defense. And he’s priced even lower than the other two on most sites.
- The Las Vegas Raiders @ Seattle Seahawks game has the second highest over/under (47.5) of any game this Sunday, the Raiders have just the 27th ranked defense in the NFL so I’m really in on the Seahawks this weekend. This means I’m in on Geno Smith, Tyler Lockett, DK Metcalf and Kenneth Walker, in that order. Smith has had multiple TDs in all but 2 games this season, so he comes with a great floor which also includes 21.8 rush per game. The Raiders have allowed the sixth-most yards (370.5) and 9th most points (24.2) per game to opposing teams this season, so there’s lots of reasons to love the Seahawks offense this week. I’m fading most of the Raiders, but certainly don’t mind playing Devante Adams or Josh Jacobs if you have the cap space.
- Ja’Marr Chase is still out, so I’m in on both Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. Both have been getting plenty of targets over the last two games, with Higgens having much more upside. The Titans are only 30th against the pass, so there’s some potential here.
- Jimmy Garoppolo just came off an epic 4 TD performance in Week 11 against the Arizona Cardinals and it’s clear that his offense is stacked now that he has Deebo Samuel, Brandon Aiyuk, George Kittle and Christian McCaffrey. The hardest decision Jimmy G has to make is who to throw the ball to since any one of them can take it to the house. He’s still priced really low and is quietly avergaing the 8th most passing TDs per game in the NFL, so I love the value here.
- I don’t have to sell you on Travis Kelce, do I? He has the most receptions (6.9) from the most targets (9.4) for the most yards (85.5) and most TDs (1.1) per game of any TE this season. He’s absolutely matchup proof, and with all the above value, you can definitely fit him in. As a side note, I don’t mind sprinkling in the other Chiefs pass catchers (JuJu Smith-Schuster, Marques Valdes-Scantling and Skyy Moore) since both Mecole Hardman and Kadarius Toney are out.
Good luck everyone with your Week 12 Cash Lineups, and I’ll see you next week for some Week 13 Cash Lineup suggestions!