Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – 2019 Week 14
By Ha Kung Wong
We’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 14!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 14 of the 2019 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 14 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- The Free Square of the Week™ this week is Devonta Freeman. He’s a big name that’s been relatively disappointing this season on a down team, but he’s the 26th priced RB on FanDuel ($6000) and the 20th priced RB on Draft Kings ($5400), so the value is definitely there for a starting RB that gets 65% of the Falcons carries and 10% of their targets against the 4th worst run defense in the NFL in the Carolina Panthers. He’s not as much of a value on Yahoo, where I’d prefer to roster the peculiarly underpriced Todd Gurley ($20) or Benny Snell Jr. ($16) instead.
- As a special note for Yahoo DFS, it appears ALL the Green Bay Packers are underpriced. I have no idea why, particularly against a Washington Redskins defense only ranked 20th against the pass. I like all these guys regardless of price this week, so it’s mind-blowing that they’re so cheap on Yahoo DFS: Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams (at least 10 targets in every game back since returning from injury) and Green Bay Packers Defense. Roster them anywhere you’d like, but they’re must-plays on Yahoo DFS.
- Leonard Fournette has been in on 88.3% of the Jaguars offensive snaps so far this season, which is the 2nd most of any RB in the NFL, has the 7th most rush yards per game of any RB (82.4) and 7th most receiving yards per game among RBs (37.0). He’s getting loads of volume in both the ground and pass game plus is going to face a Chargers defense now 24th against the run per DVOA. Lock and load.
- Jack Doyle is getting another start as the Colts TE with Eric Ebron on IR after going 6 of 11 for 73 yards and TD in Week 13, and is now facing the Buccaneers defense that allows the 2nd most fantasy points to opposing TEs this season. He makes a great value play at TE.
- I’ll never talk you off Christian McCaffrey because he’s been in on 94.5% of the Panthers offensive snaps so far this season, which is the most of any RB in the NFL, the 2nd most rush yards per game of any RB (97.3), tied for the most rushing TDs (12) and 2nd most receiving yards per game among RBs (53.7). Simply put, he’s been match-up proof, but he’s a little too expensive for my lineups this week.
- Speaking of the Panthers, one of my favorite games of the week for DFS is the Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons. There’s an estimated total of 47 points, which is the second highest this weekend with the Falcons favored by 3.5. This should be a shootout between a bad defenses (21st for the Panthers and 26th for the Falcons). So that means I like the following Panthers in this order (based on value and upside): DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, Christian McCaffrey (as noted above) and if you want to punt at TE, Ian Thomas since Greg Olsen is out. And I like the following Falcons in this order (based on value and upside): Devonta Freeman (as noted above), Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Austin Hooper and if you want to punt at WR, Russell Gage.
- Jameis Winston has hit the 300 yard bonus on Draft Kings 8 out his last 10 games. Sure he had a bad Week 13, but he also had multiple passing TDs in 7 of his previous 9 games. For the price, he’s one of my favorite plays based on upside, and so are his WRs in Chris Godwin and Mike Evans.
- Ryan Tannehill has been on a roll recently. He’s had multiple TDs in his last 6 games and seems rejuvenated in Tennessee. Good for him, and good for you as he faces the Raiders 24th ranked pass defense this week and is really priced down across the industry (18th on FanDuel, 17th on Draft Kings and 12th on Yahoo DFS).
- Over his last 6 games, Keenan Allen has averaged 6 receptions on 9 targets and he has TDs in his last 2 games. He’s still Phillip Rivers’ favorite target and makes for a solid value at his price across industry (18th on FanDuel, 16th on Draft Kings and 22nd on Yahoo DFS).
- Julian Edelman has the 2nd most targets of any WR in the NFL (123), and the Patriots will have to pace the dangerous Kansas City Chiefs this week. He gets plenty of volume being Tom Brady’s favorite target and is fairly priced across industry.
- So who gets the most targets of any WR in the NFL? Well, that goes to Michael Thomas, who also happens to have the most receiving yards in the NFL (1,290). He’s expensive, but if you have cap space, he makes for safe spend with upside.
- Need a punt play at WR? Why not Diontae Johnson? JuJu Smith-Schuster is out again, Johnson has averaged over 5 targets a game over his last 4, and he faces the last place Arizona Cardinals pass defense this week. He’s essentially free, so feel free to punt if you need cap space.
- I’m taking a chance this week at defense, once again preferring the bottom basement priced Baltimore Ravens Defense that has had the MOST fantasy points of any defense over the last 4 weeks. I understand they face the tough Bills, but they still racked up points against an even tougher 49ers last week, so I think its worth the risk.
- With Le’Veon Bell ruled out, Bilal Powell becomes interesting as a punt play at RB on all sites.
— New York Jets (@nyjets) December 7, 2019
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 14!