“Buy or Bye”™ – Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Week 6 2021 Cash Games
By Ha Kung Wong
In 2020, we were over 70% for cash lineups and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 6 of the 2021 season!
You’re welcome. 😎
As usual, before we get to winning you more bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
And this year, we’re also adding our ThriveFantasy prop picks to help you win even MORE money!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 6 of the 2021 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
As per usual, I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 😎
ThriveFantasy is actually quite a bit different. There you have your choice of various player prop bets to pick from. You can enter a traditional contest where you pick the Over or Under on 10 of the available prop bets, getting more points for risker picks, and compete for the most points in the contest. Or you can just select two, three, or four player prop bets to create a custom lineup from the list of player predictions. Pick 2/2 correctly, win 3.6x your entry amount ($10 entry wins $36). Pick 3/3 correctly win 6.2x your entry. Pick 4/4 correctly win 11x your entry amount. The only limitation is that you choose athletes from more than one team to be able to enter.
I’ll be providing my 2 way prop bet picks each and every week!
If you’d like to try ThriveFantasy, go to www.ThriveFantasy.com and use code GARBAGETIME to get an instant deposit match up to $100! Also, new users will get these special promotions:
- Deposit $10 and receive: 1 FREE $20 NFL Ticket + 1 FREE $20 NBA Ticket
- Deposit $100 and receive: 2 FREE $20 NFL Tickets + 1 FREE $20 NBA Ticket
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 6 contests, along with they’re prices.
- For those new to this column, note that I never advocate against you paying up at any particular position for DFS. We all know that the likes of Patrick Mahomes and Christian McCaffrey are probably going to have the most consistent upside in terms of potential fantasy points from week to week. But remember that DFS is a salary cap game. You can feel free to sprinkle high priced players into your lineups, but you can’t pay up at every position because there’s simply not enough salary to go around. I try my best each week to provide my thoughts on how you might want to balance your cash lineups in terms of points potential and salary.
- The “Free Square of the Week”™ is Darrel Williams. With Clyde Edwards-Hilaire on IR and the Chiefs facing the league worst Washington Football Team defense, Darrel Williams has tons of upside and is priced really low across industry.
- The Kansas City Chiefs @ Washington Football Team has the highest over/under of (54) of the regular Sunday slate, with the Chiefs favored by 6.5. I love the shootout potential here, so on the Chiefs side, I’m loading up on Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill and, as mentioned above, Darrel Williams. On the Washington side, I’m a little more conservative, but I do like Terry McLaurin. Just make sure he actually plays.
- With Nick Chubb out, Kareem Hunt is a lock for RB1 touches against a Cardinals defense that’s 3rd worst in the league allowing 139.0 rush yards per game. He’s still listed at questionable, and isn’t as cheap as other RB options, but his upside is sky high if he plays.
- No David Montgomery and now Damien Williams on the COVID list leaves just Khalil Herbert in the Bears backfields. He looked good sharing snaps in Week 5 and he could really explode in a run-first Bears offense against the division rival Packers. The Packers defense has been solid, but their definitely easier to run on than pass on, so the Bears will need to lean heavily on Herbert, and his priced is near minimum across industry.
- The quiet ride of Taylor ended over his last two contests, in which he gained 283 combined yards with three touchdowns and six catches. His success lifted him to 11th in running back scoring (16.88 FPPG) in PPR leagues. However, the most frustrating part of his game comes from his usage. Indy has only had him on the field for 50.3 percent of their offensive snaps. Last year, Taylor gained 230 combined yards with two scores and seven catches against Houston in two matchups. In their last four contests, the Texans have given up 30 rushes or more, leading to 598 yards on 137 carries with nine touchdowns. Houston has allowed six touchdowns and eight field goals over 21 possessions. The Colts need a win in the worst way, and they should ride Taylor harder in this matchup. Sports Illustrated has him projected for 130 combined yards with 1.5 touchdowns and three catches.
- On defense, I love taking value and paying down, which has me all in on the the Dallas Cowboys defense, which priced low across industry and who have the second most takeaways this season (12), facing off against the struggling New England Patriots. I also love taking the Los Angeles Rams defense on Yahoo, which is priced near minimum while having the 5th most sacks in the league (14) and a solid matchup against the injured and cellar dwelling New York Giants.
- With regard to ThriveFantasy, I really like the Darrel Williams rushing yards prop and Trevor Lawrence passing yards props. You already know how I feel about Williams, and I think he should exceed 50.5 rush yards. Lawrence has a solid match up against a Dolphins defense that allows an average of 288.6 yards per game, good for 6th most in the NFL. So I think Lawrence should be able to exceed 234.5 passing yards.
Good luck everyone with your Week 6 Cash Lineups, and I’ll see you next week for some Week 7 Cash Lineups!