Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – 2019 Week 7
By Ha Kung Wong
In the second half of 2018, we were over 80% for cash lineups! We were 4 for 4 on FanDuel in Week 6, and 2 for 4 on Draft Kings, and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 7!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 7 of the 2019 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 7 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- David Johnson is injured and trending in the wrong direction. That means if Johnson is out, Chase Edmonds would be the free square of the week gainst the 23rd ranked Giants defense. Keep a really close eye on Johnson’s status. I’ll update my lineups is Johnson can’t go.
- Alvin Kamara is out this week, and so is Jared Cook and TreQuan Smith. I’m fine with Latavius Murray as a punt at RB, but prefer loading up on Michael Thomas, who has the second most receiving yards per game (105.3), second most targets in the NFL (67) and will be even more of a target hog than usual with all the injuries.
- My favorite game of the week for DFS is the La Rams @ the Atlanta Falcons. There’s an estimated total of 55 points, which is highest this weekend with the Rams favored by 3. This is essentially a coin flip between one middling and one terrible defense (11th for the Rams and 29th for the Falcons). So that means, I like the following Rams in this order: Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Brandin Cooks and Todd Gurley, and I don’t mind saving money with Jared Goff, and I like the following Falcons in this order: Matt Ryan (who’s had 300 yards in every game this year and multiple TDs in all but one), Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Austin Hooper (who has the most receiving yards per game of any TE in the league – 80.0) and Devonta Freeman.
- I’m all in on the Seahawks this week against the 22nd ranked Ravens defense. Plus, the Ravens are no slouch on offense, which is why I like Lamar Jackson against the 18th ranked Seahawks defense, but I think the Seahawks will be the better offense at home and need to score. So fire up Russell Wilson, Chris Carson (3 straight weeks with 22+ carries and 100+ yards), Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf.
- Leonard Fournette has been in on 91.4% of the Jaguars offensive snaps, 3rd most in the NFL this season, and is STILL priced like a mid-tier RB. Plus he just came off a 20 carry, 72 rush yard performance also catching all six of his targets for 46 receiving yards in Week 6. And that after consecutive weeks with over 100 rush yards. He’s one of my favorite plays with a great floor and TD upside against Cincinnati’s 6th worst run defense in the NFL.
- The Cardinals are the worst team at defending TEs in the NFL. The Giants are playing the Cardinals. Evan Engram is a TE and is healthy this week. Play Evan Engram.
- John Brown is lined up against the Dolphins NFL worst pass defense, and Xavien Howard, their best corner, has a knee injury is less than 100% (if playing at all). I love me some John Brown at his bargain price, particualrly coming off a bye.
- The Texans @ Colts game has an estimated total of 47 with the Colts favored by just 1. That’s the perfect setup for a shootout, particularly considering the Texans are 14th defending the pass and the Colts are 22nd defending the pass. So I see some opportunity here for Deshaun Watson, Deandre Hopkins and Will Fuller on the one side and TY Hilton on the other. And if you want to go cheap at QB, I might even consider Jacoby Brissett.
- Ezekiel Elliott is in on 79.6% of the Cowboys offensive snaps (4th most in the NFL), has the 6th most rush yards per game in the NFL (81.8), 5 total TDs and 140 total receiving yards this year. He’s expensive on most sites, but should carry a solid floor with upside.
- Hunter Henry is just too cheap on all sites, but particularly on Draft Kings. It’s only been two games, but he’s already tied for the most receiving yards per game for a TE. Coming back from injury and playing in the Sunday Night Game last week explains the lag in his pricing. Take advantage of this when you can.
- On defense, the 5th ranked Chicago Bears Defense vs. the Saints are priced down after a subpar performance against the Raiders two weeks ago, but are coming off a bye, facing a Saints offense that doesn’t have Brees, Kamara, Smith or Cook, and are playing at home. Plus, Khalil Mack. Enough said, lock and load. I also don’t mind paying up a little for the 2nd ranked San Francisco 49ers Defense against the hapless Washington Redskins. The 49ers have the 4th most takeaways in the NFL (12) and the Redskins have the 5th most giveaways in the NFL (11), making this a great setup.
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 7!