“Buy or Bye”™ – Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Week 13 2022 Cash Games
By Ha Kung Wong
In 2021, we were over 70% for cash lineups and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 13 of the 2022 season!
As usual, before we get to winning you more bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 13 of the 2022 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
As per usual, I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome.
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games and player props for Week 13 contests, along with they’re prices.
- For those new to this column, note that I never advocate against you paying up at any particular position for DFS. We all know that the likes of Patrick Mahomes are probably going to have the most consistent upside in terms of potential fantasy points from week to week. But remember that DFS is a salary cap game. You can feel free to sprinkle high priced players into your lineups, but you can’t pay up at every position because there’s simply not enough salary to go around. I try my best each week to provide my thoughts on how you might want to balance your cash lineups in terms of points potential and salary.
- My approach to DFS in Week 13 is to pay down at QB and RB (there’s lots of value here) and anchor my team with a stud TE.
- My “Free Square of the Week”™ is Zonovan Knight. With Michael Carter out most of Week 12, Knight at 14 carries for 69 rush yards and caught all 3 targets for 34 receiving yards. Carter is listed as doubtful this week and is likely out, so although we’ll see Ty Johnson involved, I think will continue getting the lion’s share of RB touches, which is a good thing vs. the Vikings’ 31st ranked defense. He’s near minimum salary across the industry, so I like him to open up cap space elsewhere.
- And while we’re on the Jets, I actually love the Jets offense this week against that aforementioned 31st ranked Vikings defense, including Mike White (who also is pretty cheap across industry and blew up in Week 12 with 315 passing yards and 3 TDs) and his favorite redzone target, the newly re-found rookie Garrett Wilson (who had 5 receptions for 95 yards and 2 TDs in Week 12).
- The Kansas City Chiefs @ Cincinnati Bengals game has the highest over/under (52.5) of any game this Sunday, and both the Chiefs and Bengals are surging. From the Chiefs, I’m really in on Travis Kelce, Patrick Mahomes and Isiah Pacheco, in that order, and from the Bengals, with Ja’Marr Chase back, although I’m probably fading him on his first game back, I’m in on Joe Burrow, Tee Higgins and whichever RB gets the start between Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars @ Detroit Lions game has the second highest over/under (51.5) of any game this Sunday, the Lions have the LAST ranked defense and the Jaguars have the 24th ranked defense in the NFL. So that all adds up to a shootout that I want exposure to. I’m favoring Jaguars players, in particular Trevor Lawrence, Christian Kirk and Zay Jones, in that order. But definitely consider playing Jamaal Williams and Amon-Ra St. Brown on the Lions as Williams has the most rushing TDs in the NFL so far and both should be heavily involved.
Good luck everyone with your Week 13 Cash Lineups, and I’ll see you next week for some Week 14 Cash Lineup suggestions!