“Buy or Bye”™ – Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Week 7 2021 Cash Games
By Ha Kung Wong
In 2020, we were over 70% for cash lineups and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 7 of the 2021 season!
You’re welcome. 😎
As usual, before we get to winning you more bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
And this year, we’re also adding our ThriveFantasy prop picks to help you win even MORE money!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 7 of the 2021 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
As per usual, I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 😎
ThriveFantasy is actually quite a bit different. There you have your choice of various player prop bets to pick from. You can enter a traditional contest where you pick the Over or Under on 10 of the available prop bets, getting more points for risker picks, and compete for the most points in the contest. Or you can just select two, three, or four player prop bets to create a custom lineup from the list of player predictions. Pick 2/2 correctly, win 3.6x your entry amount ($10 entry wins $36). Pick 3/3 correctly win 6.2x your entry. Pick 4/4 correctly win 11x your entry amount. The only limitation is that you choose athletes from more than one team to be able to enter.
I’ll be providing my 2 way prop bet picks each and every week!
If you’d like to try ThriveFantasy, go to www.ThriveFantasy.com and use code GARBAGETIME to get an instant deposit match up to $100! Also, new users will get these special promotions:
- Deposit $10 and receive: 1 FREE $20 NFL Ticket + 1 FREE $20 NBA Ticket
- Deposit $100 and receive: 2 FREE $20 NFL Tickets + 1 FREE $20 NBA Ticket
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 7 contests, along with they’re prices.
- For those new to this column, note that I never advocate against you paying up at any particular position for DFS. We all know that the likes of Patrick Mahomes and Christian McCaffrey are probably going to have the most consistent upside in terms of potential fantasy points from week to week. But remember that DFS is a salary cap game. You can feel free to sprinkle high priced players into your lineups, but you can’t pay up at every position because there’s simply not enough salary to go around. I try my best each week to provide my thoughts on how you might want to balance your cash lineups in terms of points potential and salary.
- The “Free Square of the Week”™ is Darrel Williams, again. Clyde Edwards-Hilaire is on IR and industry pricing hasn’t caught up to the fact that Darrel Williams is the starting RB for the Chiefs, so take advantage while you still can.
- The Kansas City Chiefs @ Tennessee Titans has the highest over/under of (57.5) of the weekend by a significant margin, with the Chiefs favored by 4.5. I love the shootout potential here, so on the Chiefs side, I’m loading up on Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman and, as mentioned above, Darrel Williams. On the Titans side, if you have the cap space, Derrick Henry is in play, plus you’re welcome to play some Ryan Tannehill since he’s probably going to have to sling it to keep up.
- My favorite QBs of the week are Matt Stafford, Jalen Hurts and Aaron Rodgers. Stafford has the 4th most passing yards (306) and 3rd most passing TDs (2.66) per game and is facing his old team, the Lions, who have the 8th worst defense in the league. Rodgers doesn’t have as gaudy passing stats as Stafford, but he’s facing the Washington Football Team who’s been last defending against the pass in the NFL this season, and the Packers are known for putting on the breaks when their up. Of course, this means that if you have extra caps space, I don’t mind also playing Davante Adams. Hurts hasn’t had the passing upside, but his 50 rush yards per game is the 2nd most among QBs this season, and his 5 rushing TDs lead all QBs this season, so I love his floor against the Raiders, who are 8th worst defending against the run.
- No David Montgomery leaves Khalil Herbert in charge of the Bears backfield again, even with Damien Williams back from COVID. Herbert has leaped Williams as the number 2 RB behind Montgomery even if Williams is 100%. He doesn’t have as good a matchup this week against the Buccaneers, but he came through in Week 6 with 112 total yards and a TD. With Herbert still priced down across industry, I like slotting him in to open up cap space elsewhere.
- Same thing is true for Devontae Booker, who will be leading the Giants backfield against the Panthers with Saquon Barkley still sidelined with an ankle injury. Booker had a decent week starting with 69 total yards, being involved with both the ground and pass game. One TD and it would have been a terrific day. The Panthers have a solid defense, but are weaker against the run, so I don’t mind plugging in Booker to save caps space as well.
- On defense, I love taking value and paying down, which has me all in on the the New England Patriots defense, which has allowed the 10th least points per game this season, has the 6th most INTs (6), faces the cellar dweller Jets and are reasonably priced across industry. I also like the Arizona Cardinals defense on Draft Kings and the Los Angeles Rams defense on Yahoo, both being underpriced.
- With regard to ThriveFantasy, I really like the Davante Adams receiving yards prop and Kylar Murray total yards props. You already know how I feel about Rodgers and Adams, the Washington Football Team is second to last defending WRs, and Adams has already exceeded 100 yards in 3 games this year, so I think he should exceed 95.5 receiving yards this week. Kylar Murray has been lights out this season and is a really effective runner. He faces a struggling Texans defense, so I think Murray should be able to exceed 293.5 total passing + rushing yards.
Good luck everyone with your Week 7 Cash Lineups, and I’ll see you next week for some Week 8 Cash Lineups!