“Buy or Bye”™ – Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Week 14 2020 Cash Games
By Ha Kung Wong
In 2019, we were over 70% for cash lineups and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 14 of the 2020 season! We’re 68.0% on lineups so far this year, but we’re looking to win even more in 2020!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 14 of the 2020 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
As per usual, I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 😎
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 14 contests, along with they’re prices on FanDuel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- For those new to this column, note that I never advocate against you paying up at any particular position. We all know that the likes of Patrick Mahomes is probably going to have the most consistent upside in terms of potential fantasy points from week to week. But remember that DFS is a salary cap game. You can feel free to sprinkle high priced players into your lineups, but you can’t pay up at every position because there’s simply not enough salary to go around. I try my best each week to provide my thoughts on how you might want to balance your cash lineups in terms of points potential and salary.
- The “Free Square of the Week”™ is JD McKissic. With Antonio Gibson out, McKissic looks to take the majority of the backfield work. He ended up with a 74% snap share after Gibson went out with an early injury in Week 13, and gets all the pass catching work. Believe it or not, McKissic has the 2nd most receptions and receiving yards among RBs in the NFL this year. Take the discount and lock him in.
- The Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions game should be an interesting one with the highest over/under of the weekend (55), a Lions defense that’s ranked 28th and allows the second most points (29.8) and 5th most yards (395.6) per game, and a Packers defense that’s fairly mediocre at 15th. I’m totally in with all the Packers skill players, including Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams, Aaron Jones and Robert Tonyan, in that order. Aaron Rodgers has the most passing TDs (36) and highest passer rating (118.5) of any QB this season. And Davante Adams is his favorite target with the 2nd most targets per game (11.1) of any WR in the NFL. Tonyan gets you some cheap exposure to this game, and with Jace Sternberger out with a concussion, his floor might even get a few additional targets. On the Lions side, I’m in on D’Andre Swift if he plays, but I’m not sure about anyone else.
- Ryan Tannehill just came off a season high 389 yards and 3 TDs and gets another great matchup against the 29th ranked Jaguars pass defense. He’s priced affordably across the industry and makes for solid cap-saving pivot from Rodgers.
- David Montgomery has been on fire of late and gets a good matchup against the Texans that’s allowing an average of 185 yards from scrimmage to RBs per game. Over the past two weeks, Montgomery has 175 rushing yards on 28 carries (6.2 YPC) while adding 79 yards on nine catches and three total touchdowns. He’s a great value across industry.
- Collin Johnson is getting plenty of attention from Mike Glennon with a whopping 14 targets in two games. Now he faces the 17th ranked Titans pass defense, and should have plenty more targets from Glennon while carrying a cap-friendly discounted price.
- With Julio Jones out, I don’t mind saving cap space with Russell Gage. He’s no great shakes, but at least should have some opportunity for a cut rate price.
- Keke Coutee stepped into the WR2 position in Houston without missing a beat catching 8 of 9 targets for 141 yards. The Bears are theoretically a tougher matchup, but Coutee should still see plenty of opportunity, and his price hasn’t come up much since Week 13.
- At defense, I usually just take value, and there are a couple good choices this week depending on the site. As you can see, I like paying down for the Carolina Panthers defense against a Broncos team that has the most turnovers (28) in the NFL.
- UPDATE (12/13/20) – With Myles Gaskin, Salvon Ahmed and Matt Breida out this week, DeAndre Washington is likely to get the majority of the backfield snaps for the Dolphins today. The Chiefs are more vulnerable on the ground than over the air, so if you’d like punt your RB/Flex, he’s a decent choice.
Good luck everyone with your Week 14 Cash Lineups, and I’ll see you next week for some Week 15 Cash Lineup suggestions!