“Buy or Bye”™ – Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Week 11 2020 Cash Games
By Ha Kung Wong
In 2019, we were over 70% for cash lineups and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 11 of the 2020 season! We’re 68.0% on lineups so far this year, but we’re looking to win even more in 2020!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 11 of the 2020 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
As per usual, I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 😎
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 11 contests, along with they’re prices on FanDuel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- For those new to this column, note that I never advocate against you paying up at any particular position. We all know that the likes of Patrick Mahomes is probably going to have the most consistent upside in terms of potential fantasy points from week to week. But remember that DFS is a salary cap game. You can feel free to sprinkle high priced players into your lineups, but you can’t pay up at every position because there’s simply not enough salary to go around. I try my best each week to provide my thoughts on how you might want to balance your cash lineups in terms of points potential and salary.
- The “Free Squares of the Week”™ are Mike Davis, Kalen Ballage and Salvon Ahmed. Looks like Christian McCaffrey still can’t returned from his Week 9 injury, so Mike Davis is back in play. He disappointed last week, but he gets to play the Lions this week who have allowed the 3rd most rushing yards per game (141.6) and is ranked 27th per DVOA against the run. His price crept up a bit, but he’s still a solid value across industry. Kalen Ballage has surprisingly taken hold of the Chargers backfield with Justin Jackson on IR and every site refuses to price him up. Now he gets to the face the Jets, whose defense is 10th per DVOA against the run, but only 29th overall. Positive game script is likely to get him significant work on the ground, plus we know he gets plenty of targets, catching 7 of 9 in his last two games. Salvon Ahmed was another backfield surprise, as we all thought that perhaps Matt Breida and Jordan Howard would takeover after Miles Gaskin went on IR. But Breida remained injured and Howard ended up getting a pink slip. None of the sites have caught up pricing yet, so regardless of Breida’s return its time to take advantage, particularly with Ahmed facing the Broncos and their 17th ranked run defense per DVOA.
- Honorable mentions go to Duke Johnson and Giovanni Bernard who also find themselves subbing for starters at value pricing.
- The Green Bay Packers @ Indianapolis Colts game has a highest over/under of of the regular slate (51) featuring two of the better teams in the league. The Colts allow the least amount of yards per game (290.4), so I don’t really want to pay up for the Packers, but Davante Adams gets so much guaranteed opportunity with the most receiving yards per game (105.9) of any player in the league that he’s matchup proof. Feel free to play him if you have the extra cap space. For the Colts, I’m a fan of playing Philip Rivers on Yahoo because he’s priced so incredibly low as the 27th priced QB, plus the Packers are ranked only 16th against the pass per DVOA. And along with that, I don’t mind punting WR or Flex with Michael Pittman Jr., who’s emerged as the WR1 in Indy with 15 targets in his last two games.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars have the WORST defense in the NFL per DVOA, really opening up every skill player on the Pittsburgh Steelers. The only problem is if the Steelers get up too big too early, there may be more than one starter sitting in the 4th quarter. I’m in on the potential production anyway, and particularly love Ben Roethlisberger and Diontae Johnson. Big Ben has been on a tear recently with back-to-back 300+ yard games and has the 4th most passing TDs per game in the league (2.44). Johnson has received a significant target share since returning to the lineup, getting double digit targets in 3 of his last 4 games, and is priced below the other WRs in Pittsburgh. If you want to mix it up, I don’t mind also playing Chase Claypool and Juju Smith-Schuster, and perhaps sprinkling in James Conner, though I prefer to take one of the value RBs above and pay up elsewhere.
- I’m a fan of Keenan Allen, as he consistently gets double digit targets from Justin Herbert week to week, and Herbert is not afraid to chuck it down field. Allen has the most targets per game (10.3) and 2nd most receptions per game (7.2) of any WR in the league, so you know he’s going to get plenty of opportunities. And I don’t mind playing Justin Herbert or Hunter Henry as well against the lowly Jets.
- The Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints game has a 3rd highest over/under of of the regular slate (49) featuring a Falcons defense that has allowed the 3rd most yards per game (410.0) and a Saints defense that has allowed the 4th most passing TDs in the league. For the Falcons, I really like Matt Ryan, who now gets a healthy Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley. I also don’t mind playing Hayden Hurst to save some cap space. For the Saints, employ Alvin Kamara as usual, and feel free to play whatever QB gets the start, whether it be Jameis Winston or Taysom Hill. It was reported that Hill would get the start, but head coach Sean Payton has refused to name a starter as of yet.
- At defense, I usually just take value, and there are a couple good choices this week depending on the site. As you can see, I like the Miami Dolphins defense with the 4th most takeaways (15) in the league as a value play versus the struggling Denver Broncos, and the Los Angeles Chargers defense against the bottom barrel New York Jets who allow the 7th most sacks (26) in the league.
Good luck everyone with your Week 11 Cash Lineups, and I’ll see you next week for some Week 12 Cash Lineup suggestions!