“Buy or Bye”™ – Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Week 10 2020 Cash Games
By Ha Kung Wong
In 2019, we were over 70% for cash lineups and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 10 of the 2020 season! We’re 68.0% on lineups so far this year, but we’re looking to win even more in 2020!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 10 of the 2020 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
As per usual, I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 😎
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 10 contests, along with they’re prices on FanDuel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- For those new to this column, note that I never advocate against you paying up at any particular position. We all know that the likes of Patrick Mahomes is probably going to have the most consistent upside in terms of potential fantasy points from week to week. But remember that DFS is a salary cap game. You can feel free to sprinkle high priced players into your lineups, but you can’t pay up at every position because there’s simply not enough salary to go around. I try my best each week to provide my thoughts on how you might want to balance your cash lineups in terms of points potential and salary.
- The “Free Squares of the Week”™ are Mike Davis and Duke Johnson. Christian McCaffrey returned from injury in Week 9 just to be reinjured and sit out Week 10. Thankfully for DFS players, Mike Davis was priced down across industry in anticipation of him maintaining a backup role in Week 10, which means you get an RB1 for RB4 pricing. He was effective when leading the backfield, and even facing a theoretically tough defense, he’s a great value, particularly after we saw the Saints eviscerate the Bucs defense in Week 9. Duke Johnson has a similar situation as David Johnson was unable to clear the concussion protocol in time for Week 10. And facing the Browns’ 18th ranked run defense per DVOA shouldn’t scare anyone. Another great plug and play value. Finally, an honorable mention goes to Giovanni Bernard who also finds himself back in a starting role with Joe Mixon unable to return from injury after the bye. The Steelers defense is a tough test, but the the Bengals will likely be in a negative game script which plays to Bernard’s pass catching prowess.
- The Buffalo Bills @ Arizona Cardinals game has a highest over/under of of the week (56) featuring a Bills defense that’s ranked 17th overall and a Cardinals defense that’s ranked 10th per DVOA. For the Cardinals, I again really like Kylar Murray (who has the most rush yards per game – 67.9 – of any QB in the NFL) and Deandre Hopkins. Hopkins owns a 31.1% overall target share and is tops in red zone targets with 28%, so he’s got plenty of upside. For the Bills, Josh Allen is interesting if you’d like to pivot, but I prefer to play Stefon Diggs. I’m staying away from the Bills RBs though, as their time share is unpredictable.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars have the WORST defense in the NFL per DVOA, really opening up every Green Bay Packer. The only problem is if the Packers get up too big too early, there may be more than one starter sitting in the 4th quarter. I’m in on the potential production anyway, and love Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams and Aaron Jones. Rodgers has the highest passer rating (117.5) and the 3rd most passing TDs of any QB in the league to only 2 INTs. Only Patrick Mahomes has a better combo of stats than that. Adams has the most receiving yards per game (112.5) and the 2nd most receiving TDs (8) in the NFL. No other WR in the NFL even has 100 receiving yards per game, so Adams is definitely operating on another level. For the Jaguars, I actually don’t mind playing DJ Chark, as there is likely to be a negative game script for the Jags in catch up mode. He showed some solid chemistry with new starting QB Jake Luton in Week 9, catching 7 of 12 targets for 146 yards and TD.
- I’m a fan of Keenan Allen as well, as he consistently gets double digit targets from Justin Herbert week to week, and Herbert is not afraid to chuck it down field. Allen has the 2nd most targets and 2nd most receptions of any WR in the league, so you know he’s going to get plenty of opportunities.
- Did you know that Evan Engram has the 5th most receptions (36) of any TE in the league? In the last 3 games, he’s had 16 receptions from a whopping 29 targets. The Eagles have the 16th ranked pass defense per DVOA, so I don’t think his involvement changes this week. For the price, the upside if there.
- At defense, I usually just take value, and there are a couple good choices this week depending on the site. As you can see, I like the New York Giants defense as a value play versus the Philadelphia Eagles, who allow the most sacks (32) and have the second most giveaways (17) of any team in the NFL. The Washington Football Team defense, who have the 4th most sacks in the NFL, also look like a decent cheap play against the Detroit Lions who will be without Kenny Golladay.
Good luck everyone with your Week 10 Cash Lineups, and I’ll see you next week for some Week 11 Cash Lineup suggestions!