“Buy or Bye”™ – Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Week 7 2020 Cash Games
By Ha Kung Wong
In 2019, we were over 70% for cash lineups and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 7 of the 2020 season! We’re 68.0% on lineups so far this year, but we’re looking to win even more in 2020!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the Oopoint of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 7 of the 2020 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
As per usual, I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 6 contests, along with they’re prices on FanDuel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- For those new to this column, note that I never advocate against you paying up at any particular position. We all know that the likes of Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson are probably going to have the most consistent upside in terms of potential fantasy points from week to week. But remember that DFS is a salary cap game. You can feel free to sprinkle those into your lineups, but you can’t pay up at every position because there’s simply not enough salary to go around. I try my best each week to provide my thoughts on how you might want to balance your cash lineups in terms of points potential and salary. So feel free to sprinkle in those players if you have cap space.
- As an initial note, that postponed Broncos v. Patriots game is in danger yet again with another Patriots COVID-19 positive, which means you should be sure to double check lineups if you want any Pats or Broncos players.
- “Free Squares of the Week”™ of the week are Giovani Bernard and Tre’Quan Smith. With Joe Mixon ruled out, Bernard steps into a decent matchup against the Cleveland Browns with the 20th ranked defense per DVOA in the NFL, and at a significant discount on most sites. Smith has the same scenario with both Michael Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders our, he gets to face a Carolina Panthers defense that’s 21st ranked per DVOA.
- And while we’re talking about the Panthers @ Saints, with few Saints pass catching options, I’m a huge fan of Alvin Kamara this week. And I similarly like Mike Davis of the Panthers. With Christian McCaffrey looking at a return in Week 8, this mike be your last chance to take advantage of Davis. Davis took over for CMC in Week 2 and caught all 8 of his targets for 74 yards, following that up with 91 total yards from scrimmage along with a TD in Week 3 and kept going yet again in Weeks 4, 5 and managed to get a TD in a tough Week 6. Davis is likely to continue to get a full complement of snaps including a decent amount of carries in Week 6 and still has a reasonable price across industry.
- The Green Bay Packers @ Houston Texans game has the highest over/under of the Sunday slate (57) featuring a Packers defense that’s ranked 3rd worst and the Texans defense that’s ranked 6th worst overall per DVOA. So I really like Aaron Rodgers, Devante Adams and Aaron Jones (though if he doesn’t play due to injury, I love Jamaal Williams) on the Packers and Deshaun Watson, David Johnson and Will Fuller on the Texans.
- UPDATE – 10/25/20 – Aaron Jones is OUT so Jamaal Williams makes for another solid value play.
- At defense, I usually just take value, and there are a couple good choices this week depending on the site. As you can see, I like the Washington Football Team defense the most since they face a reeling Dallas Cowboys team and are super cheap across the industry. That being said, the Buffalo Bills defense is too cheap on Yahoo facing a dismal Jets offense, and the if you want to pay up generally, the Los Angeles Chargers defense is a decent step up for a little more salary.
Good luck everyone with your Week 7 Cash Lineups, and I’ll see you next week for some Week 8 Cash Lineup suggestions!