“Buy or Bye”™ – Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Week 6 2020 Cash Games
By Ha Kung Wong
In 2019, we were over 70% for cash lineups and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 6 of the 2020 season! We’re 68.0% on lineups so far this year, but we’re looking to win even more in 2020!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the Oopoint of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 6 of the 2020 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
As per usual, I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 6 contests, along with they’re prices on FanDuel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- For those new to this column, note that I never advocate against you paying up at any particular position. We all know that the likes of Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson are probably going to have the most consistent upside in terms of potential fantasy points from week to week. But remember that DFS is a salary cap game. You can feel free to sprinkle those into your lineups, but you can’t pay up at every position because there’s simply not enough salary to go around. I try my best each week to provide my thoughts on how you might want to balance your cash lineups in terms of points potential and salary. So feel free to sprinkle in those players if you have cap space.
- As an initial note, that postponed Broncos v. Patriots game is in danger yet again with another Patriots COVID-19 positive, which means you should be sure to double check lineups if you want any Pats or Broncos players.
- “Free Square of the Week”™ of the week is Alexander Mattison. With Dalvin Cook ruled out, Mattison steps into a plum matchup against the Atlanta Falcons with the 28th ranked defense per DVOA in the NFL, and at a nice discount on most sites.
- And while we’re talking about the Falcons @ Vikings, it happens to have the 3rd highest over/under of the Sunday slate (54), and the Vikings have the 27th ranked run defense per DVOA in the league. So I like Todd Gurley against that defense, and essentially all the top Vikings skill players against the non-existent Falcons defense, including Adam Thielen, Kirk Cousins and Justin Jefferson, in that order.
- With Christian McCaffrey looking at a return soon, this mike be your last chance to take advantage of Mike Davis. Davis took over for CMC in Week 2 and caught all 8 of his targets for 74 yards, following that up with 91 total yards from scrimmage along with a TD in Week 3 and kept going yet again in Weeks 4 and 5. Davis is likely to continue to get a full complement of snaps including a decent amount of carries in Week 6 against a Bears defense that’s only been ranked 17th per DVOA this season.
- The Detroit Lions @ Jacksonville Jaguars game has the second highest over/under of the Sunday slate (54.5), so I like a lot of Lions players in this game as they face a Jaguars defense that is dead last in the NFL per DVOA. That makes Matt Stafford and Kenny Golladay prime targets this week. The Lions aren’t great either on defense, being 3rd to last per DVOA, so feel free to fire up Gardner Minshew, DJ Chark, Laviska Shenault and James Robinson as well.
- The Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers game has the highest over/under of the Sunday slate (55) featuring a Packers defense that’s ranked 3rd worst overall per DVOA. So I really like Tom Brady, Mike Evans and Chris Godwin on the Bucs and don’t mind playing Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones if you have some extra salary available.
- At defense, I usually just take value, and there are a couple good choices this week depending on the site. As you can see, I like the Miami Dolphins defense the most since they face a New York Jets team without Le’Veon Bell or Sam Darnold and are value priced across the industry.
- UPDATE – 10/17/20 – With Melvin Gordon ruled out, I don’t mind playing Phillip Lindsay this week to save some cap space.
Good luck everyone with your Week 6 Cash Lineups, and I’ll see you next week for some Week 7 Cash Lineup suggestions!