“Buy or Bye”™: Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Week 4 2020 Cash Games
By Ha Kung Wong
In 2019, we were over 70% for cash lineups and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 4 of the 2020 season! We’re 67% on lineups so far this year, but we’re looking to win even more in 2020!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the Oopoint of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 4 of the 2020 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
As per usual, I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 4 contests, along with they’re prices on FanDuel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
UPDATE (10/3/20) – Revised FanDuel Lineup If Patriots @ Chiefs is Postponed for Week 4
(Currently may be played on Monday or Tuesday)
- For those new to this column, note that I never advocate against you paying up at any particular position. We all know that the likes of Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson are probably going to have the most consistent upside in terms of potential fantasy points from week to week. But remember that DFS is a salary cap game. You can feel free to sprinkle those into your lineups, but you can’t pay up at every position because there’s simply not enough salary to go around. I try my best each week to provide my thoughts on how you might want to balance your cash lineups in terms of points potential and salary. So feel free to sprinkle in those players if you have cap space.
- As an initial note, don’t forget that the Steelers v. Titans game as been postponed due to COVID-19 and that Cam Newton is also out due to COVID-19. So if you roster any Patriots or Chiefs, double check to make sure the game is on before kickoff, particularly with the expectation it will be postponed.
- “Free Square of the Week”™ – We have two this week with all the injuries, so here they are in order of preference:
- With Christian McCaffrey ruled out for 4 to 6 weeks, Mike Davis was the next man up. Davis took over for CMC in Week 2 and caught all 8 of his targets for 74 yards, following that up with 91 total yards from scrimmage along with a TD in Week 3. Davis is likely to continue to get a full complement of snaps including a decent amount of carries in Week 4 against a Cardinals defense that’s only been 13th against the run per DVOA this season, allowing at least 91 rushing yards in each of their three games. Panthers Head Coach Matt Rhule loves him as dual threat running and catching the ball and you should too for your DFS lineups, particularly at his discount pricing.
- Hunter Renfrow is essentially the last man standing in Las Vegas with Henry Ruggs doubtful with a hamstring injury and Bryan Edwards ruled out with an ankle injury. We’ll probably see some Nelson Agholor and Zay Jones too, but Renfrow had a team high 84 yards and a TD against New England in Week 3, and should have plenty of opportunity against the 24th ranked Bills defense per DVOA. Renfrow is outside the top 40 priced WRs across industry and should easily reach value this week.
- Deshaun Watson and the Houston Texans have had a tough run in the early part of the season, unfairly having to face the Chiefs, Ravens and Steelers. But even in those challenging matchups, Watson has still averaging 264 passing yards, a 67.4% completion rate and 16.3 rush yards. Fortunately, that’s now behind the Texans and they get to face to the reeling Minnesota Vikings in Week 4. The Vikings defense has allowed the 3rd most passing yards to opposing QBs per game (292.3) and the 2nd most points per game (34.0) of any team in the NFL. And I think Will Fuller will also benefit from this soft pass defense. Time for the Texans to get back on track and to lock in Watson and Fuller for DFS.
- There were plenty of questions in Jacksonville after Leonard Fournette was released. And the answer to all those questions is apparently James Robinson. Robinson has been impressive taking over starting duties in the backfield, most recently rushing 11 times for 46 yards and two TDs along with snagging all 6 targets for 83 yards in Week 3 against the Dolphins. Now he faces a Bengals defense that’s 21st against the run per DVOA. Given his usage, the competition and the price, Robinson makes for a great play in DFS.
- The Cleveland Browns @ Dallas Cowboys game has the highest over/under of the weekend (56), so I like a lot of Cowboys players in this game as they face a Browns defense that has allowed the 9th most points per game (29.3) of any team this season. In addition, Browns CB Greedy Williams is out Week 4 with a shoulder injury, and CB Denzel Ward is questionably with a groin injury. All that means I like Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott as they both should have plenty volume in what looks to be a shootout. On the other side, Baker Mayfield can make a nice pivot facing a sub-par Cowboys defense that’s 24th ranked against the pass this season per DVOA.
- The New Orleans @ Detroit Lions game is tied for the second highest over/under of the week (54) featuring a Saints defense that’s ranked 21st against the pass per DVOA and a Detroit defense that’s ranked 27th in overall defense per DVOA. So I really like Alvin Kamara, who has the most receiving yards per game and most receiving TDs of any RB in the league. And with Saints CB Janoris Jenkins out with a shoulder injury CB Marshon Lattimore also out with a hamstring injury, I’m a fan of Matthew Stafford and T.J. Hockenson.
- The Miami Dolphins have the worst defense in the NFL per DVOA this year, so go ahead and fire up the Seahawks, including Russell Wilson and his two favorite targets, D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett. Metcalf is the cheaper option on FanDuel and Draft Kings, but Lockett is cheaper on Yahoo DFS.
- At defense, I usually just take value, and there are a couple good choices this week depending on the site. As you can see, I like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defense the most due to being the 2nd best defense per DVOA this season, having value pricing across the industry and facing a mediocre Chargers offense.
Good luck everyone with your Week 4 Cash Lineups, and I’ll see you next week for some Week 5 Cash Lineup suggestions!