Follow the 6th Annual Football Garbage Time Twitter Fantasy Football Mock Draft!
By the Football Garbage Time Staff
As I mention every year, we here at Football Garbage Time are all about helping out our readers. And although it’s unclear when the football season will start, everything is still on track for September, so we all know what that means…the FANTASY FOOTBALL season is ALSO on track for September!
So as everyone gets ready to root for their favorite NFL team and commit entire Sunday afternoons to eating tons of junk food and yelling at the TV screen when refs inevitably make yet another bad call on the field, some of us, including you I suspect, will be furiously tinkering with our fantasy football lineups and eventually wondering why the fantasy gods hate us when we end up losing by 0.01 fantasy points because Aaron Rodgers took one too many knees at the end of the game. Phew, that was a ridiculously long sentence.
Say what you will about whether Fantasy Football is “good” for the NFL or not. One thing we all agree on here is that playing Fantasy Football is a lot of fun…but much more so if you’re winning.
So, as we do every year, we conducted a live Mock Fantasy Football Draft on Twitter (just check out #FGTMockDraft) for a mock PPR standard scoring Yahoo 10-team league (1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K & 1 DEF) so that all of you can get some insight as to who we like for the upcoming 2020 season, and hopefully help all of you with your drafts.
This year, ten different writers & podcasters from six different sites participated, including:
- Kris Hopper (@HobbyWally) from Beer Fueled Fantasy Football Podcast,
- Dan Thury (@ThuryBFF) from the Beer Fueled Fantasy Football Podcast,
- Wole Akinso (@UrbanSportScene) from the Urban Sports Scene Podcast,
- Victor Rogers (@iHeartPhoChay) fantasy football expert,
- Andrew Erickson (@AndrewErickson_) from Gridiron Experts,
- Adam Aniba (@TheBandGreport) from The Burgundy and Gold Report and
- Ryan (@RyanWhitfieldNE), Scott (@NFLFantasy_More), Joanne (@kongfu4u), and FXP Jr. from right here on Football Garbage Time!
Each one is taking part in a mock draft live over the next several days on Twitter (feel free to check out the back and forth on Twitter by searching for #FGTMockDraft). What trends and surprises will we see? Follow along and find out!
Don’t agree? Well, it’s a free country, so sound off in the comments!
And don’t forget that we’ll be consolidating picks with analysis for Rounds 1 & 2, Rounds 3 & 4 and Rounds 5 & 6 after we’re done, so check back soon!