Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – 2019 Week 16
By Ha Kung Wong
We’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 16!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 16 of the 2019 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 16 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
NOTE: See UPDATED Sample Lineups below and Updates at the bottom of the article.
- The Free Square of the Week™ this week is DeAndre Washington. With Josh Jacobs ruled out, the Raiders should lean on Washington, with some Jalen Richard as a change of pace or 3rd down back. The Chargers defense is only 23rd against the run, allow the 11th most fantasy points to opposing RBs and when Washington replaced Jacobs as Oakland’s starting running back in Week 14, he turned 20 touches into 96 yards and a TD.
- Lamar Jackson is the odds on favorite for MVP and he just keeps rolling. He passes the ball (he leads the NFL with 33 passing TDs), he runs the ball (he leads all QBs with 1,103 yards, which is also good for 8th most among ALL players in the NFL), and he might as well catch the ball as well, as he’s surpassed all expectations this year heading up the current BEST offense in the NFL per DVOA. He’s the most expensive QB across industry, but it’s really hard to fade him against a Browns defense that’s ranked 19th in the NFL, particularly for his incredibly reliable floor. If you can fit him in, do it.
- One of my favorite games of the week for DFS is the Jacksonville Jaguars @ Atlanta Falcons. There’s an estimated total of 47.0 points, which is the 4th highest this weekend with the Falcons favored by 7.5. This should be a shootout between a bad defenses (29th for the Jaguars and 23rd for the Falcons). So that means I like the following Jaguars in this order (based on value and upside): Leonard Fournette, Gardner Minshew, and DJ Chark if he plays (and if he doesn’t play, then Chris Conley). And I like the following Falcons in this order (based on value and upside): Matt Ryan, Austin Hooper, Devonta Freeman and Julio Jones.
- Michael Thomas has the most targets per game (11.35), most receptions per game (9.5) and most yards per game (110) of any WR in the NFL. He’s matchup proof and is now facing the Titans’ 22nd ranked pass defense. Lock him in if you can afford it.
- Joe Mixon has had at least 23 touches in his last 3 games, and has averaged over 100 rush yards per game over his last 6 games. He looks solid and gets to face a Miami defense that is ranked 29th per DVOA against the run and has allowed 140.9 yards per game to opposing RBs which is 2nd most in the NFL this year.
- With no Alshon Jeffrey or Nelson Agholor in Week 15, Greg Ward caught seven of nine targets for 61 yards and a TD as the default WR1 in Philadelphia. Heck, no other WR had any impact, as the only targeted receivers in the game were TEs Zach Ertz and Dallas Goedert. Jeffrey is on IR and Agholor hasn’t practiced all week, so fire up Ward everywhere at his discount price, and also feel free to play Ertz and Goedert.
- Keenan Allen may be flying under the radar due to Philip Rivers’ spotty play, but he’s still getting the 4th most receptions per game (6.42) and has the 10th most receiving yards (1,046) among WRs. Plus he faces a Raiders defense that’s 2nd to LAST against the pass per DVOA. Add in his peculiar mid-tier pricing across industry and that adds up to slotting him on all sites.
- Christian McCaffrey has been in on 95.2% of the Panthers offensive snaps so far this season, which is the most of any RB in the NFL, the 3rd most rush yards per game of any RB (93.4), tied for the most rushing TDs (14) and 2nd most receiving yards per game among RBs (58.1). He’s a little too expensive for my lineups this week in light of other RBs I like from a value perspective, but if you find room in your lineup, go for it, particularly with Will Grier getting his first start this week and likely relying even more on McCaffrey (if that’s even possible). I also like DJ Moore, even with a rookie under center, who’s priced down across industry for some reason even though he’s getting the 4th most targets and 4th most receiving yards in the NFL.
- There’s actually some nice value at defense this week, so I’m looking at the Baltimore Ravens Defense (who have the 8th most takeaways this season and have the MOST fantasy points of any defense over the last 7 weeks) against the Cleveland Browns (who have the 8th most giveaways this year, including the 3rd most interceptions) on FanDuel and the Denver Broncos Defense (who have the 5th most fantasy points of any defense over the last 2 weeks) against the Detroit Lions (who have the 12th most giveaways this season and who is starting David Blough under center who has 4 INTs and has been sacked 7 times over the last 2 weeks) on Draft Kings and Yahoo DFS.
- Derrick Henry is out this week, which means you’re welcome to punt with Dion Lewis. Though I like him better on full PPR sites than half PPR sites.
Derrick Henry was put on the inactive list Sunday after being downgraded to questionable on Saturday. https://t.co/jCq8TKgN00
— SNF on NBC (@SNFonNBC) December 22, 2019
- Joe Mixon is battling a stomach bug so his workload is now questionable. I’ll still have shares, but I’ll probably swap him out of some lineups to hedge my bets.
Joe Mixon is active but he’s been fighting a stomach bug since yesterday. Keep an eye on his workload – not yet known how much he will play today against the Dolphins. #Bengals
— Marisa Contipelli (@BengalsMarisa) December 22, 2019
Hope you all win DFS cash!