Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – 2019 Week 13
By Ha Kung Wong
In the second half of 2018, we were over 80% for cash lineups! We were 6 for 7 in Week 12 lineups and 2 for 3 on Thanksgiving lineups, and we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 13!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 13 of the 2019 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 13 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- There are a few Free Squares of the Week™ this week, but they’re more of the high upside / low floor variety. You don’t need all of them, but I think having at least one opens up your budget for a couple important plays. The one’s I like best are (in order of upside and value) Phillip Lindsay, Benny Snell Jr., Jonathan Williams, Jack Doyle and Tyler Higbee.
- Lindsay has the 13th most fantasy points of all RBs through Week 12, in Week 11 was in on 64% of the Broncos offensive snaps, more than double Royce Freeman’s, and has handled 72% of the Broncos running back carries over the last two weeks. The Chargers defense is now 27th against the per DVOA and Lindsay is priced down across industry, around half the price of Christian McCaffrey. He’s my favorite value play.
- After that is Snell, who is likely to start with James Conner doubtful this week. Snell impressed coming off an injury in Week 12 leading the Steelers backfield with 21 carries for 98 yards and a five-yard reception, and now gets to face the 25th ranked Browns run defense, so he also makes a great value.
- Williams had the 7th most offensive snaps of all RBs in Week 12 in place of Marlon Mack, and gets another start in Week 12, so is worth a look for the price.
- Doyle is getting the start as the Colts TE with Eric Ebron on IR and is facing the Titans 24th ranked pass defense, and Higbee is getting the start as the Rams TE with Gerald Everett out with injury and is facing a Cardinals defense which is last at defending opposing TEs. Feel free to play more than one to open up some cap space.
- And why am I trying to save so much cap space? To include Christian McCaffrey and his super high price is why. He’s been in on 94% of the Panthers offensive snaps so far this season, which is the most of any RB in the NFL, the most rush yards per game of any RB (102.1), most rushing TDs (12) and 2nd most receiving yards per game among RBs (53.3). Simply put, he’s been match-up proof, and he’s now facing the 21st ranked Redskins run defense, so fit him in to your lineup.
- One of my favorite games of the week for DFS is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Jacksonville Jaguars. There’s an estimated total of 47.5 points, which is the second highest this weekend with the Buccaneers favored by 2.5. This should be a shootout between a bad defenses (23rd for the Jaguars and 17th for the Buccaneers). So that means I like the following Jaguars in this order (based on value and upside): DJ Chark, Nick Foles and Dede Westbrook and I like the following Buccaneers in this order: Jameis Winston (who always manages to get that 300 yard bonus on Draft Kings), Chris Godwin, Mike Evans and, if you’d like to roll the dice on RB, Ronald Jones.
- Greg Olsen is a safe TE play every week and is always priced down across industry. Over the last 3 weeks, Olsen has averaged 6 receptions on 7.3 targets for 66.3 yards. His target share makes for a solid floor and he carries some TD upside.
- Le’Veon Bell has been in on 82.8% of the Jets offensive snaps so far this season, which is the 4th most of any RB in the NFL, and he gets to face a Cincinnati Bengals defense that’s just 25th against the run. Based on volume alone, Bell makes a solid play for the price.
- And speaking of the Jets, Sam Darnold has the second most fantasy points of any QB over the last 2 weeks, only behind the great Lamar Jackson himself. And now he faces a Bengals pass defense that is the 2nd WORST in the NFL. He’s priced reasonably across the industry and is worth a look.
- If you have the cap space, Patrick Mahomes is almost always a safe play with upside. Tyreek Hill may take a seat, but Mahomes can be great with just about any receivers, and he faces the Oakland Raiders who are 3rd worst in the NFL at defending the pass and who were just recently carved up by the a fore mentioned Darnold.
- Davante Adams is healthy and gets a great match-up against a Giants defense that is just 27th defending the pass per DVOA and 31st in yards per pass attempt allowed. Adams has seen at least 10 targets in all three of his games since returning from injury, and is priced down on Draft Kings.
- DeVante Parker has been on a roll over the 5 weeks prior to Week 12 averaging 5.4 receptions on 8.8 targets for 75 yards and 2 total TDs. In Week 12, he was 6 of 11 for 91 yards against the Browns. Parker should get his again against a mediocre Eagles secondary.
- Both Golden Tate and Evan Engram have been ruled out, meaning there’s bunches of targets to go around, and with Sterling Shepard finally healthy and able to move back to the slot, I see some serious potential at his very depressed price. He’s a great punt play at WR/Flex if you need cap space for McCaffrey.
- I’m taking a little chance this week at defense, preferring the bottom basement priced Baltimore Ravens Defense that has had the MOST fantasy points of any defense over the last 3 weeks. I understand they face the tough 49ers, but I think the 49ers’ strength is in defense, which will be seriously challenged by Lamar Jackson, and that they’ll have to go away from their preferred ground game increasing the potential for some mistakes against a surging Ravens defense. I ended up paying down at defense when available, or fitting in best available with what I had left.
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 13!