Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – 2019 Week 11
By Ha Kung Wong
In the second half of 2018, we were over 80% for cash lineups! And we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 11!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 11 of the 2019 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 11 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- Your Free Square of the Week™ is Brian Hill against the Carolina Panthers. With Devonta Freeman out with a foot sprain and Ito Smith already on IR, the Falcons’ backfield touches will be dominated by Hill. Plus, the Panthers run defense is actually ranked LAST per DVOA in the NFL. For the price, he’s a no brainer lock and load.
- Speaking of Hill, one of my favorite games of the week for DFS is the Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers. There’s an estimated total of 49.5 points, which is the second highest this weekend with the Panthers favored by 4.5. This should be a shootout between division rivals between a bad defense and a mediocre defense (30th for the Falcons and 15th for the Panthers). So that means I like the following Falcons in this order (based on value and upside, particularly with Austin Hooper ruled out): Brian Hill (as noted above), Julio Jones, Russell Gage and Calvin Ridley and I like the following Panthers in this order: Greg Olsen, DJ Moore, Christian McCaffrey, and Curtis Samuel.
- In case you’re scared off by the price, I’m OK not playing McCaffrey this week. But keep in mind that he might be worth it since he’s been in on 93.4% of the Panthers offensive snaps so far this season, which is the most of any RB in the NFL, the most rush yards per game of any RB (109.9), most rushing TDs (11) and 5th most receiving yards per game among RBs (44.0). Simply put, he’s been match-up proof.
- A close second for the Free Square of the Week™ is Tevin Coleman against the Arizona Cardinals. Matt Brieda is doubtful to play, leaving the lion’s share of backfield touches to Coleman in the run-heavy 49ers offense that has called the most run plays on any team this this year (53.2%) against an Arizona run defense that’s ranked just 21st per DVOA in the NFL.
- You probably noticed that I love playing Lamar Jackson as my QB this week. Did you realize he has the 11th most rush yards per game of ANY player in the NFL this season (78.0) and is tied for the 7th most rushing TDs (6)? And he also is tied for the 10th most passing TDs (15), which is more than the likes of Tom Brady, Philip Rivers and Kylar Murray? And now he gets to face the 18th ranked Houston defense in a game with the highest over/under of the week (51.5)? Lock him in.
- The Raiders are on a roll and now face the struggling Bengals who have the WORST defense in the NFL per DVOA. That means I love Josh Jacobs (who has the 5th most rushing yards of any RB in the league (90.1)), Darren Waller and Tyrell Williams.
- I’m also a big fan of Julian Edelman this week against the Eagles. The Eagles defense is ranked 15th against the pass, and Edelman has the 3rd most receptions (63) from the 6th most targets of any player this season (90). He’s clearly Brady’s favorite target, and you can bet that Pats are coming off the bye looking for a big win after losing in Week 9 to the Ravens.
- The Buccaneers have the best run defense in the league, but have the 27th ranked pass defense. That means I also like Michael Thomas, Drew Brees and Jared Cook.
- And with Jacoby Brissett back, but TY Hilton still out, I don’t mind playing Zach Pascal to save a few dollars.
- I didn’t want to pay up for Ezekiel Elliott this week, but if you do want to pay up, he has a great matchup against Detroit’s 18th ranked run defense that allows the 6th most rush yards per game (129.7).
- I’m looking for value this week, so I like Oakland Raiders Defense (who just destroyed the Chargers) against the struggling Cincinnati Bengals (who have the 4th most giveaways this season (18) and are still starting Ryan Finley) on Draft Kings and Yahoo, and the Washington Redskins Defense and New York Jets Defense on FanDuel, who are facing each other’s struggling offenses, and I also like the New Orleans Saints Defense against the Buccaneers who have the 2nd most giveaways this season (21) on Draft Kings.
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 11!