Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – 2019 Week 10
By Ha Kung Wong
In the second half of 2018, we were over 80% for cash lineups! And we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 10!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 10 of the 2019 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 10 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- Your Free Square of the Week™ is Zach Pascal against the LAST ranked Dolphins pass defense. With no T.Y. Hilton, Pascal is the de facto WR1 and Brian Hoyer seems to like him. The Dolphins aren’t as bad on offense as think, so there’s so significant shootout potential here. Pascal is a great value that should allow you add a few studs at other positions. Lock and load. That being said, I’ll also recommend Marlon Mack as a decent value RB play against the second to last Colts run defense.
- If you’re looking for a decent punt play at WR, why not Josh Reynolds? With Brandin Cooks ruled out, Reynolds should have a decent target share, along with having a bye week to get acclimated to increased snaps.
- On of my favorite games of the week for DFS is the Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints. There’s an estimated total of 51.5 points, which is the second highest this weekend with the Saints favored by 13.5. This should be a shootout between division rivals between a bad pass defense and a mediocre pass defense (31st for the Falcons and 12th for the Saints). So that means I like the following Saints in this order (based on value and upside): Michael Thomas, Drew Brees and Alvin Kamara, and I like the following Falcons in this order: Julio Jones, Matt Ryan, Austin Hooper and Calvin Ridley.
- Another of my favorite games of the week for DFS is the Arizona Cardinals @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers. There’s an estimated total of 52 points, which is the highest this weekend with the Buccaneers favored by 4.5. This should be a close game between two bad pass defenses (26th for the Buccaneers and 28th for the Cardinals). Interestingly, although deficient against the pass, the Bucs actually have the best run defense in the NFL. So I like the following Buccaneers in this order (based on value and upside): Ronald Jones, Jameis Winston, Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, and I like the following Cardinals in this order: Christian Kirk, Larry Fitzgerald and Kylar Murray.
- Christian McCaffrey has been in on 92.5% of the Panthers offensive snaps so far this season, which is the most of any RB in the NFL, the most rush yards per game of any RB (110.1), most rushing TDs (10) and 5th most receiving yards per game among RBs (45.4). Simply put, he’s match-up proof. Feel free to pay up on all sites even if he’s quite a bit more expensive than any other player.
- Speaking of the Panthers, if you want to take advantage of the 20th ranked Packers defense that allows the 3rd most yards per reception (12.9), I don’t mind using both Curtis Samuel, DJ Moore and the mysteriously low-priced Greg Olsen.
- David Montgomery is finally getting the workload we thought he would get at the beginning of the season, having handled 48 of 62 backfield touches in Chicago’s last two games. And with Mike Davis released, it looks the like the Bears have finally committed to Montgomery as their primary backfield option. The Bears have little else on offense, and Detroit’s 18th ranked run defense that allows the 6th most rush yards per game (135.8) doesn’t scare me. To top it off, Montgomery is reasonably priced on all sites.
- Believe it or not, Ryan Tannehill is giving the Titans some bite. And in 3 starts, he’s been 300+ yards twice and in the one time he didn’t exceed 300 yards, he had 3 TDs. The Chiefs have the 11th ranked defense, and are better against the pass than the run, which also puts Derrick Henry in play, but I think the Titans will have to go to the air to keep up with the returning Patrick Mahomes, so if you’re looking to punt QB, Tannehill may be a good value.
- How about those Dolphins? They finally got a win over the lowly Jets, and I think they may be able to keep that going against the injured Colts, who are now missing both Jacoby Brissett and TY Hilton. If you’re looking to punt at RB or TE, Kalen Ballage is now the last man standing with Kenyan Drake traded and Mark Walton suspended, so he should get plenty of run, and Mike Gesicki is starting to look like the guy that was he was expected to be when he was drafted in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft. Plus, the 18th ranked Colts defense is only marginally better than the Jets 19th ranked defense, and although is 11th against the pass, is only 27th against the run.
- I’m not messing around too much this week, preferring to pay up for the Baltimore Ravens Defense that just manhandled the once undefeated Patriots as they now face a struggling Cincinnati Bengals team that’s tied for the 7th most giveaways this season (15) and which is now starting Ryan Finley. If you’d like to save some cap space, I don’t mind using the Cleveland Browns Defense, which has the 8th most sacks this season (25), now against the 26th ranked Buffalo Bills offense.
— NFL (@NFL) November 10, 2019
- With Matt Stafford out, I don’t mind also playing the Chicago Bears Defense, since they’re priced down across industry.
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 10!