Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – 2019 Week 8
By Ha Kung Wong
In the second half of 2018, we were over 80% for cash lineups! And we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 8!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 8 of the 2019 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 8 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
UPDATE: Matt Ryan has been RULED OUT this week, so I’ve downgraded Julio Jones and Austin Hooper and I’m passing on Calvin Ridley completely. I might have a few shares of Hooper still, but I’ll likely pivot mostly to Hunter Henry at TE this week.
- Your free square of the week is Ty Johnson against the 25th ranked Giants defense. With Kerryon Johnson now on IR, Ty Johnson will get the first crack at starter snaps in Detroit, and he’s near minimum price on all sites. He had 57 scrimmage yards on 14 touches in about half a game last week, so they don’t have issues getting him volume. Along with him, Matt Stafford is also a pretty good value across sites and is coming off a 364 yard and 4 TD performance, and, if you want a little value, he should continue feeding Marvin Jones Jr. who is coming off a historic 4 score performance.
- Again, as happened last week, David Johnson is injured and his status is really unclear for Sunday. That means if Johnson is out, Chase Edmonds would again be a free square even against the 9th ranked Saints run defense. Keep a really close eye on Johnson’s status. UPDATE: With David Johnson ruled out, Edmonds is a decent play.
- In the same vein, if Alvin Kamara is out this week, I’m good with Latavius Murray as a punt at RB again as well, particularly against the 28th ranked Cardinals defense. Either way, I also like loading up on Michael Thomas, who has the second most receiving yards per game (109.0) and the most targets in the NFL (78). UPDATE: With Drew Brees ready to start, he becomes a decent value being priced down on Draft Kings.
- My favorite game of the week for DFS is the Seattle Seahawks @ the Atlanta Falcons. There’s an estimated total of 52.5 points, which is highest this weekend with the Seahawks favored by 3.5. This is essentially a coin flip between two terrible defenses (22nd for the Seahawks and 29th for the Falcons). So that means I like the following Seahawks in this order: Russell Wilson, Chris Carson, Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf, and I like the following Falcons in this order, assuming that Matt Ryan plays through his ankle injury: Julio Jones, Austin Hooper (who has the 4th most receiving yards per game of any TE in the league – 75.1 – and the 3rd most targets – 55) and Calvin Ridley. Hooper is a particularly good value on FanDuel.
- My second favorite game of the week for DFS is the Oakland Raiders @ the Houston Texans. There’s an estimated total of 51.5 points, which is the 2nd highest this weekend with the Texans favored by 6.5. This should also be a close game between two bad defenses (19th for the Texans and 30th for the Falcons). So I like Deshaun Watson, Deandre Hopkins and, with the Will Fuller injury, I don’t mind saving money and punting at WR with Kenny Stills, and I like Darren Waller (who has the 2nd most receiving yards per game of any TE in the league – 80.8).
- The Rams have a terrific matchup against the NFL’s second worst Bengals defense, so fire up Jared Goff, Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Brandin Cooks and Todd Gurley, and I don’t mind saving money with Gerald Everett.
- Leonard Fournette has been in on 91.2% of the Jaguars offensive snaps, 3rd most in the NFL this season, and although his price is slowly creeping up, he’s still reasonably priced. Plus he just came off a 29 carry, 131 rush yard performance also catching both of his targets for 14 receiving yards in Week 7. He’s one of my favorite plays with a great floor and TD upside against the rapidly falling Jets. And I also like DJ Chark and Gardner Minshew against the Jets.
- I generally don’t like playing anyone against the Bears defense, even though they’ve been sub par recently, but Hunter Henry is killing it since coming back from injury with the MOST receiving yards per game of any TE this season (85.7) and he’s priced down on all sites. I’d like him even more if Keenan Allen is ruled out, but would then be OK with a Mike Williams WR punt and Austin Ekeler RB punt, preferably on full PPR sites.
- Josh Allen and John Brown are lined up against the 20th ranked Eagles pass defense and both are mid-priced across the industry. Lock and load.
- I’m throwing in the towel, the New England Patriots Defense are the most expensive, but are essentially a lock until further notice with the MOST takeaways of any defense in the NFL (22), particularly against Baker Mayfield who’s thrown the 3rd most interceptions this year. If you want to save some money, I don’t mind the Buffalo Bills Defense at home against the Eagles with the 5th most giveaways this season (13) and Jacksonville Jaguars Defense at home against the Giants with the MOST giveaways this season (18).
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 8!