Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – 2019 Week 4
By Ha Kung Wong
In the second half of 2018, we were over 80% for cash lineups and so far we’re 74% in 2019! And we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games for Week 4!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of a few POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 4 of the 2019 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 4 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- My favorite game of the week for DFS is the Washington Redskins @ the New York Giants. There’s an estimated total points of 49.5, which is 2nd highest this weekend with the Giants given the obligatory -3 home bump on the spread. That means this is essentially a coin flip with two of the worst defenses in the NFL (Giants 27th and Redskins 31st per DVOA). So that means, fire up Daniel Jones, Sterling Shepard, Evan Engram, and Wayne Gallman (with Saquon Barkley sidelined) for the Giants and Case Keenum, Terry McLaurin, Paul Richardson, Trey Quinn (who, believe it or not, was last year’s Mr. Irrelevant) and Chris Thompson. I’m a little concerned about McLaurin’s hamstring injury, so keep a close eye on that, but he’s priced so low on Draft Kings, he’s hard to avoid. In the same vein, Richardson is way underpriced on FanDuel. UPDATE: Terry McLaurin is OUT, so feel free to load up on Richardson and Quinn instead.
- My next favorite game of the week for DFS are the Kansas City Chiefs @ the Detroit Lions with the highest estimated total points of the week (55.0) and the Chiefs as 6.5 point favorites. I don’t have to say much to make a case for Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson (in that order), but price has caught up with most of those guys. You can get better value from the “undefeated” Detroit Lions against the 21st ranked Chiefs defense by taking Matt Stafford (assuming the injury is minor), Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones, Kerryon Johnson and even TJ Hockenson if you want to punt at TE.
- And just as enticing are the Seattle Seahawks @ the Arizona Cardinals. This game has the 4th highest anticipated total points of the weekend (48) with the Seahawks as 5 point favorites. The Cardinals have the 22nd ranked defense and essentially makes every opposing TE a superstar, so fire up Russell Wilson, Tyler Lockett, DK Metcalf and Will Dissly. That doesn’t mean I don’t like the Cardinals, as Kyler Murray can still create and the Seahawks are only ranked 15th in defense, so feel free to use David Johnson or Christian Kirk.
- Big game between the Carolina Panthers and the Houston Texans, and in Kyle Allen (and his 4 passing TDs in Week 3) I trust. The Texans are solid, but are only ranked 17th on defense, so other than Kyle Allen, I like Christian McCaffrey, who is probably the most bell cow of all bell cow backs ever, plus he gets plenty of run in the pass game making him particularly valuable in full PPR sites, and Greg Olsen, who’s the 2nd highest fantasy scoring TE in PPR over the first three weeks.
- It’s not going to be popular, but Leonard Fournette gets over 90% of the carries in Jacksonvile, and although he hasn’t done a lot with them, he’s definitely got a great floor with TD upside, and is reasonably priced.
- The Browns are slowly imploding on offense, but they do still have a decent defense. Their weakness is defending the run, where they’re only ranked 15th per DVOA. In steps Mark Ingram who has been a monster over the first 3 weeks. I don’t see why that won’t continue.
- Of course, I’ll never talk you out of taking Patriots, but I just don’t know who will get all the looks this week with Edelman less than 100%. James White might be your best bet in terms of value if you want some of the Pats offense.
- The Jaguars have a solid defense, but they’re only 26th against the run per DVOA, and Phillip Lindsay has been getting just over half the touches, and most of the pass catching work, so he’s a nice mid-priced option.
- It’s the Chargers turn to destroy the Dolphins this weekend. They’re 15.5 point favorites with a 44.0 estimated total points, which means that the Chargers are supposed to put up 30 points. Guess who’s going to get a huge piece of that? Phillip Rivers, Keenan Allen and Austin Ekeler is who. Keep an eye on Melvin Gordon’s return, but I doubt he has significant enough snaps to derail Ekeler. Allen is one of my favorite plays, garnering the largest target share of any reciever over the first two weeks and then turning on a 3 TD game in Week 3. Plus, with Mike Williams out, and no Hunter Henry, I don’t mind a punt with Dontrelle Inman. And I love the Chargers Defense, who should have a field day against the hapless tanking Dolphins.
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 4!