Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – 2019 Week 2
By Ha Kung Wong
Time for a new season of NFL football which means we’re back with more Daily Fantasy Football advice for Cash Games! For the second half of 2018, we were over 80% for cash lineups and we’re looking forward to doing more of the same in 2019!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of one or two POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 2 of the 2019 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 2 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- With injuries to Tevin Coleman and Derrius Guice, your free squares this week are Matt Breida and Adrian Peterson. I’m sure of the total output, but for the price, they don’t need to do much. Just load up on all sites and move on. If you’re really hurting for cap space, I also don’t mind a Chris Thompson on full PPR sites.
- The Patriots are going to destroy the Dolphins this weekend. They’re 19 point favorites with a 48.5 estimated total points, which means that the Pats are supposed to put up 33 points. Guess who’s going to get a huge piece of that? The ageless Tom Brady is who, and he’s actually the 5th and 6th priced QB on Draft Kings and FanDuel, respectively. That’s some serious value. The rest of the Pats are also interesting, but we just don’t know where the targets will go, so I’ll likely stay away from the rest other than the New England Defense, who should have a field day against the hapless tanking Dolphins.
- Lamar Jackson did me well last week, and I’m going back to the well this week at home against the Arizona Cardinals who just let Matt Stafford put up 385 yards and 3 TDs. And he’s the 12th priced QB on Yahoo DFS, which makes him a particularly good value there. Feeling lucky? Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is also in play.
- The Kansas City Chiefs @ Oakland Raiders game has the highest total estimated points (53.5) in Week 2 with both teams having mediocre defenses. Of course I’m on board with the Chiefs offense, including the usuals in Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce, but also with Tyreek Hill out, Sammy Watkins. And if you want to punt with Mecole Hardman, go ahead and roll the dice. On the Raiders side, I’m really interested in Tyrell Williams and Darren Waller after their usage from Week 1 and their reasonable pricing since prices came out before their Monday Night breakout. And if you’d like to punt at QB, Derek Carr is certainly also in play.
- Saquon Barkley is again my pay-up player of the week. He has monster usage both on the ground and through the air. He had the second most runs and third most receptions among all RBs in 2018, and there’s no reason why that won’t continue with OBJ now in Cleveland, Golden Tate suspended and Sterling Shepard in the concussion protocol. I also like Evan Engram as he’s likely to be even more of target hog this week with all the injuries.
- The Bengals didn’t look half bad in Week 1 and John Ross finally broke out of his shell with AJ Green on the shelf grabbing 7 targets for 158 yards and 2 TDs. Tyler Boyd is also on the radar this week against the exploitable 49ers defense, and is cheaper on some sites.
- If you’d like an affordable upside option at TE, TJ Hockenson is your man after his 6 of 9 for 131 yards and a TD breakout Week 1 performance. And he’s reasonable on all sites, being particularly cheap on Draft Kings.
- The Dallas Cowboys looked amazing in Week 1 on both offense and defense, and now face the Redskins that just allowed DeSean Jackson to pile on 154 yards and 2 TDs. Michael Gallup had a break out game in Week 1 and Amari Cooper has been solid since he got to Dallas, so I like both to get their share in Week 2.
- The Saints had one of the most exciting games of Week 1 with the last second field goal win. But more importantly for fantasy, we saw again how much Drew Brees loves to target Michael Thomas as he caught 10 targets for 123 yards. And I’ll bet the Saints will want a little #Revenge over the little incident that happened in last year’s NFC Conference Championship game. Alvin Kamara also a decent play if you want to pay up at RB.
- Still no Melvin Gordon? No problem! Austin Ekeler to the rescue! And with poor Hunter Henry out of the game and a tough Detroit defensive front four, there should be lots of additional targets to go around. Ekeler should benefit, and so should Keenan Allen, particularly with Mike Williams also dealing with an injury.
- The Bears offense was horrible in Week 1, but the defense was as advertised. Against the Broncos helmed by a hapless Joe Flacco, I think the Chicago Defense feasts once again, and they’re a surprisingly good value on FanDuel as the 7th priced defense.
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 2!