Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – Divisional Playoffs
By Ha Kung Wong
We were 38 for 46 (82.6%) in cash lineups over the last 9 weeks, and we’re back for more cash in Divisional Playoffs Weekend!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of one or two POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Divisional Playoffs of the 2018 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
Also don’t forget to check out Ryan Whitfield’s and Joey Alibro’s DFS picks on this weeks Football Garbage Time Podcast!
And if you want advice on specific players for Fantasy Football, check out Clipcast! Just type in the player name you’re interested in and you’ll get the exact clips from podcasts about that player! And you’ll get our clips as well!
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Divisional Playoffs contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
UPDATE: Ground will not freeze due to Arrowhead stadium systems, but the wind is looking to be around 13 mph during the Colts @ Chiefs game. I still like all options for DFS, but temper expectations. Brees becomes a safer QB play in my book (though I’ll mostly stick with Mahomes and Luck for the upside). But I don’t mind gambling with the Colts or Chiefs defense in a few lineups thinking the snow and wind will slow down both offenses.
- The game that has the highest shootout potential and, accordingly, the highest over/under of the weekend (57), is the Indianapolis Colts @ the Kansas City Chiefs. Better yet, the spread is only -5, meaning Vegas expects this to be a close one. Theoretically, the best offense in the league led by Patrick Mahomes and the hottest offense in the league led by Andrew Luck can do no wrong this weekend. And I like their odds to produce, as well as Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce and, to a lesser extent, Damien Williams on the Chiefs, and T.Y. Hilton, Dontrelle Inman, Eric Ebron and Marlon Mack on the Colts. Indy has had a better defense overall (10th), but is only 20th against the pass, while KC is just bad all around (26th). I see tons of back and forth scoring here for a fun game in Arrowhead, which is good news for DFS.
- My favorite value plays this week are Dontrelle Inman, who I already mentioned, Ted Ginn Jr., who’s finally healthy and saw 8 targets in Week 17, now facing an exploitable Eagles secondary, and Josh Reynolds, who should see a good amount of action in LA. Once again, if he plays, I also like Hunter Henry. He’s basically minimum price on all sites and, although he’ll be on a pitch count, only needs a few snaps to meet his price. Just remember to double check his availability and pivot to Gates if he doesn’t play.
- The Cowboys have a challenging matchup, but Ezekiel Elliott again makes my love list, as he leads all RBs at rush yards per game this year and the Rams defense are just 28th against the run.
- I also like James White this week, as the Chargers defense are 10th against the run, but 23rd against running back receptions, and running back receptions are White’s specialty as he has the 3rd most running back receptions per game this season (5.4). I don’t mind using Julian Edelman as well, but Chris Hogan may be the better value if you’re looking to punt, as the Chargers are 23rd against WR1s, 15th against WR2s and 19th against WR3s.
- And if you want to shake it up, I also like Drew Brees, Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara, as I see the Saints running up the score on the Eagles. They did win 48-7 in Week 11 in New Orleans, and although it probably won’t be that bad this time, I wouldn’t be surprised if they put up 30+.
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in the Divisional Playoffs!