Waiver Favors: 2018 Week 14 Fantasy Football Pickups
By Ha Kung Wong
Twitter: @FBGarbageTimeAs I do every week over the last 6 years, I’m back to help with some waiver wire adds via my weekly Waiver Favors article!
Here are a couple suggestions after Week 14 of the 2018 fantasy football season. You’re welcome.
As usual, all pickups are available in at least 50% of Yahoo standard fantasy football leagues (with some minor exceptions) as of Sunday evening.
RB – Baltimore Ravens – 0% Owned
Gus “the Bus” Edwards is getting the lion’s share of backfield snaps, but Kenneth Dixon is now healthy and in his second game back from injury managed 8 carries for 59yards and a TD adding a catch for 21 yards. It’ll be interesting if his snaps keep trending up, so he’ll be a risky Flex play in 14-team leagues or deeper, but he’s a worthy stash as we keep an eye on it.”
WR – New York Jets – 21% Owned
In the preseason, we were all pretty high on Robby Anderson taking a step up as a true WR1. But he was derailed by inefficient QB play and an ankle injury, which essentially made him no more than waiver fodder. But all that changed with Anderson finally healthy and grabbing 4 of 7 targets for 76yards and a TD in a nice win this week over the Bills. He could have had more with another very close endzone target that was ruled out of bounds, plus he has a nice matchup next week with a Texans defense that just allowed TY Hilton to nearly reach 200 yards. If you’re desperate for WR help in 14-team leagues or deeper, you could do worse.ed0 Revision;
RB – Denver Broncos – 0% Owned
With Emmanuel Sanders on IR, we knew that Courtland Sutton would elevate to WR1status, but it was unclear who would step up as the WR2 in Denver. Well, the answer to that question after Week14 appears to be Tim Patrick. Patrick managed to catch 7 of a whopping 10 targets for 85 yards adding a rush for 11 more yards. He did also fumble, but he seems to have Case Keenum’s attention, so he looks to be set for a nice couple weeks at the end of the season, and could be useful for those in 14-team leagues or deeper.
Here are guys that I’ve mentioned before but are Moving Up this week:
Damien Williams (17% Owned)
- Spencer Ware is definitely the top guy in the backfield, but Williams still rushed 8 times for 14 yards and a TD and caught 4 of 5 targets for 16 yards and another TD. He won’t be consistent, but if you need a lottery ticket, he could be useful, so I’m moving him up to 12-team leagues.
Robert Foster (1% Owned)
- With Kelvin Benjamin gone, it was Robert Foster instead of Zay Jones that stepped up. Foster caught 7 of 8 targets for 104yards and looked the part of a true WR1/2. Jones is likely to remain the WR1 on paper, and targets will likely vary week to week, but with this performance, I’m moving him up to 14-team leagues.
Ian Thomas (7% Owned)
- Well, I mentioned that Ian Thomas would be interesting after Greg Olsen went out, but even I didn’t think thought he manage to catch 9 of a whopping 11 targets for77 yards in his first full game after Olsen’s most recent injury. He also has a decent upcoming matchup against the Saints, and seeing how good TEs are come by this season, I’m moving him up to 12-team leagues.
Also, since we’re entering fantasy playoffs in most leagues, don’t forget to start stashing your RB handcuffs. That includes:
- Rod Smith (1% Owned) – Dallas Cowboys (for owners of Ezekiel Elliott)
- Rex Burkhead (24% Owned) – New England Patriots (for owners of Sony Michel and James White)
- Chase Edmonds (2% Owned) – Arizona Cardinals (for owners of David Johnson)
Stop back for UPDATES from Monday Night Football!
And here’s who I’ve recommended in previous weeks that I still think deserve a look:
WRs – Tyler Boyd
QBs – Baker Mayfield, Dak Prescott, Mitchell Trubisky
RBs – Josh Adams, Gus Edwards, Jaylen Samuels, Spencer Ware, Damien Williams, Jeff Williams Jr. (as long as Matt Breida is out)
WRs – Kenny Golladay, D.J. Moore, Calvin Ridley, Courtland Sutton
TE – Cameron Brate, Ian Thomas, C.J. Uzomah (PPR)
QB – Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Jameis Winston
RBs – LeGarrette Blount, Austin Ekeler (Good for 10-team leagues as long as Melvin Gordon is out)
WRs – Antonio Callaway, Josh Doctson, Taylor Gabriel, Chris Godwin, Bruce Ellington (PPR), Robert Foster, Adam Humphries, Zay Jones, Christian Kirk, Anthony Miller, Dante Pettis, Josh Reynolds, John Ross, Mohamed Sanu, Tre’Quan Smith, Marquez Valdes-Scantling
TE – Chris Herndon
QB – Jeff Driskel, Nick Mullens, Eli Manning, Marcus Mariota
RB – Corey Clement, Mike Davis, Elijah McGuire (PPR), Rashaad Penny, Wendell Smallwood
WRs – Cole Beasley, Keke Coutee, Maurice Harris, William Snead IV (PPR)
TEs – Jonnu Smith
Check back later this week for pickups from the Monday night game and every week for more Waiver Favors!