Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – Week 14 2018
By Ha Kung Wong
We were 14 for 20 in cash lineups over the last 3 weeks, and we’re back for more cash in Week 14!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of one or two POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 14 of the 2018 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
And don’t forget to check out this week’s Podcast where Ryan, Joey and I discuss some of our DFS thoughts at the end of the episode!
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 14 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- Your free squares of the week are Jaylen Samuels and Jeff Wilson Jr. Both are going to be RB1s this week due to injuries and they’re super cheap. Both should have plenty of opportunity and allow you to pay up elsewhere.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers and the Oakland Raiders have the 2nd highest over/under of the weekend (51.5). Clearly the Raiders are a disaster, so let’s look at the Chiefs side. Oakland has the 2nd worst defense in the NFL per DVOA, and the Steelers have been decent with the 14th best overall offense in the NFL per DVOA. plus, after 2 game slide, the Steelers will extra motivated to put it to the Raiders this week. I’m in on Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown and JuJu Smith-Schuster, and I don’t mind punting on Vance McDonald if you need to save cash. I even like the Steelers Defense if you’d like to mix it up.
- The New Orleans Saints and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have the highest over/under of the weekend (54.5). Here, both defenses have had question marks, with the Bucs at 31st overall and the Saints, although solid against the run, just 22nd against the pass. So I’m in on both offenses here. On the Saints side, I love using Drew Brees, Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara, and have no issues with getting some salary relief from Mark Ingram. On the Bucs side, with Desean Jackson out, I love the value you can get with Adam Humphries and Chris Godwin, but don’t mind paying up for Mike Evans if you have the extra cap space, or taking a shot with Jameis Winston.
- I really like Davante Adams and Keenan Allen as high end WR plays. The Packers have an excellent chance to get back on track in their first post-Mike McCarthy game against a Falcons defense that is second worst in the NFL. And Adams is clearly Aaron Rodgers’ favorite target, giving him a nice floor with upside. The Chargers are on a roll making it up to number 4 on my Power Rankings and Allen has been the only consistent receiving option there. The Bengals are the 5th worst defense against the pass, so Philip Rivers is also an interesting option, with the only danger being a blow out in which the Chargers just decide to milk the clock on the ground, in which case, Justin Jackson can be a decent RB punt.
- At RB I really like Ezekiel Elliott and LeSean McCoy. Elliott has been a beast with the 2ndmost rush yards per game of any RB in the NFL. A division game against the Eagles gives him even more incentive, and there’s nothing that scares me about an Eagles defense that is 20thagainst the run. And go ahead and throw in the Dallas Cowboys Defense as an interesting play this week, as they’ve been out of this world over the last couple weeks. McCoy has been pretty disappointing this year, but he’s set up for a nice game against a Jets defense that’s 22nd against the run in a game that the Bills should manage to control via time of possession. To that end, I also like the Buffalo Bills Defense this week.
- And don’t overlook George Kittle this week at TE. He’s got a nice floor with significant opportunity on an offense without many weapons. Plus he can be had at a mild discount, so go ahead and slot him in.
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 14!