Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – Week 9 2018
By Ha Kung Wong Daily Fantasy Football
And we’re back for more cash in Week 9!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of one or two POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 9 of the 2018 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
Also, check out Ryan, Wally and my DFS stack suggestions in this week’s Podcast!
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 9 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- I’m a big fan of pairing Cam Newton and Christian McCaffrey this week against the Buccaneers. The Bucs have the WORST defense in the NFL per DVOA, and in particular the WORST pass defense in the NFL. And if you break it down more, they’re ranked 29th against pass catching RBs, which is exactly what McCaffrey is. I love the match up against FitzMagic, who should make this is a little bit of a shootout. DJ Moore is another way to get cheap exposure here. The Panthers are only 20th against the pass, and 27th against WR1s, so I love Mike Evans this week as well. Feel free to punt with Ryan Fitzpatrick and DeSean Jackson if you want, but I slightly prefer others in cash games.
- The Los Angeles Rams and the New Orleans Saints have the highest over/under of the week (57.5). The Rams are 6th against the pass, but just 25th against the run, while the Saints are the flip of that being 2nd against the run but just 29th against the pass. Clearly, I love every skill player in this game, but because of the particular defenses, I prefer Alvin Kamara and Mark Ingram on the Saints and Jared Goff and Robert Woods on the Rams. But you’re clearly never sitting Todd Gurley if you can afford him (he leads all RBs in rushing TDs (11) and in rush yards per game (100.0)), and Drew Brees has a terrific floor. Michael Thomas rounds out the upside plays while Benjamin Watson is cheap way to get some exposure.
- I’m also a huge fan of Kirk Cousins, Adam Thielen (he leads all WRs in the NFL with 96 total targets and averages 115.6 yards per game) and Kyle Rudolph against the Detroit Lions, particularly with Stefon Diggs trending in the wrong direction with a rub injury. Detroit has the 30th ranked defense in the league, and is similarly 30th against the pass and the run. With Dalvin Cook likely back, at least in limited fashion, its tough to trust Latavius Murray, but I don’t hate the play. I just prefer to stick with the Vikings air attack in this one.
- With Demaryius Thomas traded, Courtland Sutton, who was been averaging 4.6 targets a game, should now see a full complement of targets. Plus he quietly has the 3rd highest averaged yards per reception of any WR in the league (19.1), so imagine what few more receptions could do to his bottom line. On top of that he’s super cheap, so I like playing him to free up funds elsewhere. I also like Phillip Lindsay, particularly with Royce Freeman looking to either miss the game or be limited, and with his involvement in the passing game.
- I don’t mind paying up for the Bears defense against the Bills, particularly with Nathan “I throw 11% of my passes for INTs” Peterman starting. If you want to save money, however, and take the Chiefs defense against a Browns offense that just lost its coach and offensive coordinator, I have no problems with that.
- With Keke Coutee ruled out, I like DeAndre Hopkins a lot if you want to pay up at WR. I also like Lamar Miller even more seeing as how extra targets will be available, and with the Texan potentially leaning more on the run without Fuller or Coutee in the lineup.
- I’m weary of Latavius Murray now that Dalvin Cook is going to play, even on 20 snap count. I’d pass in cash lineups.
- I don’t mind punting with Anthony Miller or Taylor Gabriel now that Allen Robinson has been ruled out. But the real winner, I think, is Tarik Cohen, who I now like even more.
- I still like Jarvis Landry, but a little less so now that Rashard Higgins is back along with Antonio Callaway.
- As I mentioned above, with Stefon Diggs out, load on Adam Thielen, and feel free to slot in Kyle Rudolph.
- With Chris Thompson and Jamison Crowder out, plus Paul Richardson questionable to play (or play much due to injury), Adrian Peterson enters the equation as a safe RB in a solid matchup.
- Now that he’s fully healthy, and coming off one of his most productive performances of the year, I don’t mind punting at RB with Peyton Barber, who is uber cheap on Draft Kings.
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 9!