Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – Week 10 2018
By Ha Kung Wong Week 10 Daily Fantasy Football
And we’re back for more cash in Week 10!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of one or two POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 10 of the 2018 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
Also, check out Ryan and my DFS stack suggestions in this week’s Podcast!
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 10 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- The Cincinnati Bengals and the New Orleans Saints have the highest over/under of the week (54). The Bengals are 16th against the pass and just 27th against the run, while the Saints are 3rd against the run but just 29th against the pass. Aside from perhaps Joe Mixon, as the Saints have a solid run defense and I expect a little bit of a negative game script for the Bengals as they’ll likely have to play catchup, I really like the Cincy offense. That means I really like the Bengals pass options, even with AJ Green out, so go ahead slot in Taylor Boyd and punt with John Ross, C.J. Uzomah and Andy Dalton. And I love every skill player on the Saints side, preferably Drew Brees, Michael Thomas, Benjamin Watson, Alvin Kamara and Mark Ingram, and you’re welcome to also punt with Tre’Quan Smith.
- You’re clearly never passing on Todd Gurley if you can afford him as he leads all RBs in rushing TDs (12) and in rush yards per game (96.4) and is now facing a Seahawks defense that’s much better at defending the pass than the run, allowing 114.8 rush yards per game.
- The Atlanta Falcons and the Cleveland Browns have the second highest over/under this week (50.5), and sets up to be another potential shoot out. Matt Ryan has been playing well this year, but the Browns are quietly the 2nd best pass defense in the league. I’m still OK with using Julio Jones and Austin Hooper, but I probably will pass on Ryan. On the other hand, the Browns defense is 3rd worst against the run, setting up for another big day for Tevin Coleman and Ito Smith. On the other side of the ball, the Browns face a Falcons defense that is 5th worst against the pass and 2nd worst against the run, so there’s not much to fear. I still expect a negative game script for the Browns, so that puts Jarvis Landry, David Njoku and Duke Johnson in play. Nick Chubb could work too, but I’m afraid of whether, like last week, the Browns go into catch up mode with Johnson, limiting Chubb’s upside. You can punt with Baker Mayfield if you’d like, but I prefer paying up for QB this week.
- The Bears aren’t a offensive power house, but they have the top rated overall defense in the league and the Lions allowed Mathew Stafford to be sacked a whopping 10 times in Week 9 against the Vikings. On the other side, Detroit has the 29th ranked defense in the league, leaving very little resistance to most of the Bears skill players. But due to the likely positive game script, I prefer Jordan Howard in this spot. Plus, you gotta’ love the Bears defense this week, particularly with Khalil Mack returning.
- If you want to save money on your defense, feel free to take the Packers defense against a struggling Miami offense that has the 7th most giveaways this season (13).
- And speaking of the Packers, they get to face Miami’s 23rd ranked pass defense, and coming off two losses, they’re desperate for a win. I expect a nice bounce back game for Aaron Rodgers, who has the 4th most passing yards per game, and his receiving corps with Davante Adams, and with Geronimo Allison now on IR, Marquez Valdes-Scantling.
- He disappointed in Week 9, but he’s fully healthy, and had his most productive performance in Week 8, so I don’t mind going back to the well and punting at RB with Peyton Barber, who is uber cheap and facing the Redskins’ 29th ranked run defense. I also don’t mind punting at QB with Ryan Fitzpatrick, who faces the Redskins 19th ranked pass defense.
UPDATE – 11/10
INJURY UPDATE: WR Jamison Crowder (ankle) has been downgraded to out for tomorrow's game at Tampa Bay.
— Washington Redskins (@Redskins) November 10, 2018
- With Crowder out, Maurice Harris makes for nice cheap upside play at WR.
UPDATE – 11/11
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 11, 2018
- With Sammy Watkins out, Chris Conley also a nice cheap way to get exposure to the Chiefs offense. Perhaps there’s also a little more opportunity for Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. But honestly, I’m not talking you off any Chiefs if you can afford them.
Seahawks have not made a final decision, and won't until pregame, but as of now, they are not expecting RB Chris Carson (hip) to play today vs. Rams, per source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 11, 2018
- If Chris Carson sits, then feel free to punt at RB with Mike Davis.
Per @RapSheet … Leonard Fournette is expected to get a "full workload" today so there's no "snap count" concerns. Start 'em.
— Michael Fabiano (@Michael_Fabiano) November 11, 2018
- If this is true, Leonard Fournette will be a deal due to his bargain pricing, so if you feel lucky, feel free to give him a spin. Just know that you’re only one in game setback away from taking a 0.
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 10!