Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – Week 8 2018
By Ha Kung Wong Daily Fantasy Football
We cashed in 4 of 5 lineups in Week 7, and we’re back for more cash in Week 8!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of one or two POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 8 of the 2018 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to provide you with a few sample lineups on each site and give you a few notes to consider. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 8 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- The Cincinnati Bengals and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have the second highest over/under of the week (54.5). On top of that, the Bucs have the WORST defense in the NFL per DVOA and the Bengals have the 6th worst defense in the NFL per DVOA. I actually like all the skill players in this game, but like the Bengals passing offense best, as Tampa Bay is much better at defending against the run. That puts Andy Dalton, AJ Green, Tyler Boyd and CJ Uzomah directly in play. I don’t mind going with some Bucs too, but the backfield is still unclear, and there isn’t anyone I really trust outside of Jameis Winston, Mike Evans and OJ Howard. Feel free to mix and match.
- Seattle’s defense is sneaky good, but they’re no longer the legion of boom. Matthew Stafford isn’t infallible, but he’s been pretty reliable passing for at least two TDs in 5 straight games. Although the matchup isn’t ideal, his price is reasonable, and is particularly low on Draft Kings. If you’re looking to save a few dollars, I like the play. Plus, with Theo Riddick ruled out, I like Kerryon Johnson‘s chances to repeat his 19 carry /158 rush yard / 21 receiving yard performance in Week 7.
- With the Steelers coming off a bye, I like all of them, even against a surprisingly solid Browns defense. Interestingly, the Browns are 1st against the pass, but only 25th against the run, which puts James Conner at the top of my target list. But I’m cool with Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, JuJu Smith-Schuster and Vance McDonald as well. On the other side of the ball, the Steelers have only been middling on defense, but being at home helps, so I don’t want to go crazy with Browns players. If you must, I do like Jarvis Landry and David Njoku and expect a negative game script as the Browns look to catch up throughout most of the game.
- I think you’ll agree that Todd Gurley has been tops at RB for the season, and I don’t see that ending in Week 8. Since I’m saving at most other positions this week, I’m jamming in Gurley as much as possible. Green Bay’s defense is ranked 24th per DVOA this year, and Gurley leads all RBs in rushing TDs (11) and in rush yards per game (98.8). Not much more you could hope for in a lead back. I like Brandin Cooks and Robert Woods as well, particularly with Cooper Kupp ruled out.
- And if you have the Sunday Night game in your slate, feel free to tee up Adam Thielen again, this time against the Saints’ 30th ranked pass defense. He leads all WRs in the NFL with 89 total targets and 117.4 yards per game. And if you need to save a few dollars, I don’t mind rolling with Kyle Rudolph and Latavius Murray, especially with Dalvin Cook ruled out again.
- I don’t mind paying up for the Bears defense against the Jets, but I’d rather save money and take the Steelers defense against the Browns or the 3rd ranked Ravens defense against the Panthers, both of which are available at a discount.
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 8!