Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – Week 7 2018
By Ha Kung Wong Daily Fantasy Football
And we’re back for more cash in Week 7!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of one or two POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 7 of the 2018 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to list out all my favorite plays at each position and also provide you with a few sample lineups on each site. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 7 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
Also, don’t forget to checkout this week’s podcast, as Ryan Whitfield and I give you our favorite DFS stacks!
- I do like the Cleveland Browns as they face the last place Tampa Bay Buccaneers defense. That means Baker Mayfield, Jarvis Landry and David Njoku are in. And with Carlos Hyde being traded to the Jaguars, Nick Chubb is the chalkiest of chalk RBs for this week. This game also has the benefit of the second highest over/under (51.5) of the main slates.
- I also like the Philadelphia Eagles pass offense against the 21st ranked Carolina Panthers pass defense. So Carson Wentz, Alshon Jeffery and Zach Ertz are all solid plays.
- I think you’ll agree that Todd Gurley has been tops at RB for the season, and I don’t see that ending in Week 7. Since I’m saving at most other positions this week, I’m jamming in Gurley as much as possible. San Francisco’s defense is ranked 25th per DVOA this year, and Gurley leads all RBs in rushing TDs (9) and in rush yards per game (103.8.0). Not much more you could hope for in a lead back.
- Ted Ginn Jr. was placed on IR, meaning we’ll get to see more of Tre’Quan Smith. He’s super cheap and Drew Brees will be motivated to beat the Baltimore Ravens, as it’s the only team he’s never beaten.
- Adam Thielen led the team with 15 targets, catching 11 of them for 123 yards and a TD in Week 6, and has now had six straight 100-yard games. He’s also on pace to break the single-season reception record.
- The Dallas defense is 21st against TEs, and Jordan Reed is essentially the only reliable target on the Washington Redskins, so I like his chances.
- Greg Olsen is super cheap and he’s Greg Olsen. His snaps weren’t limited in Week 6 and he should have shaken off more of the rust in Week 7. Plus the Eagles are favored meaning there’s potential for the Panthers to have to keep passing the ball.
- The Bills are starting Derek Anderson. Do you need anymore reason to play the Indianapolis Colts Defense?
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 7!