Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – Week 6 2018
By Ha Kung Wong Daily Fantasy Football
Still looking solid, as we’re 14 for 20 on cashing lineups over the last four weeks! And we’re back for more cash in Week 6!
As usual, before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one or two lineups for each site, it’s to give you examples of one or two POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Let’s get to winning you some CASH in Week 6 of the 2018 NFL season!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
And this year, I’m trying something different. I’m going to list out all my favorite plays at each position and also provide you with a few sample lineups on each site. You’re welcome. 🙂
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 6 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
- As you can tell, I love the fantasy football bonanza that will be the Buccaneers @ Falcons. The Falcons and the Buccaneers have the 31st and 32nd ranked defenses in the NFL this year per DVOA, respectively. This game also has the second highest over/under of the week (57.5), and the highest over/under of any game in most main slates, except for on Yahoo. Thus, Matt Ryan and Jameis Winston lead the way for me among QBs, and I love the discount you can get on Winston. All passing catching options on both teams are also in play, with me focusing on Julio Jones and Mohammed Sanu the most. And With Devonta Freeman trending towards missing the game, I love the value you can get with Tevin Coleman. I don’t trust at RBs in Tampa, but if O.J. Howard doesn’t make it back, then Cameron Brate is a lock at TE.
- I think you’ll agree that Todd Gurley has been tops at RB for the season, and I don’t see that ending in Week 6. Since I’m saving at most other positions this week, I’m jamming in Gurley as much as possible. Denver is ranked 26th against the run per DVOA this year, and Gurley leads all RBs in rushing TDs (7) and is 2nd in rush yards per game (83.0). Not much more you could hope for in a lead back.
- Miami is tied for the 4th most giveaways (9) of any offense in the NFL and Chicago is tied for the 2nd most takeaways (11) of any defense in the NFL. Plus, Chicago is the number 1 defense per DVOA in the NFL thus far this season. Add it all up and you can see why I’ve generally went with the Bears defense this week.
- And speaking of the Bears, it’s likely that Allen Robinson gets shadowed by Xavien Howard, which means Taylor Gabriel may be able to build on his breakout prior to the bye week. Anthony Miller looks to be back, but I’m willing to roster Gabriel at his price.
- I don’t know why, but I always feel like rootin’ for the Browns this year. Their offense went from mediocre to just darn exciting once Baker Mayfield took over. With Rishard Higgins out this week with a sprained MCL, I like Jarvis Landry and Antonio Callaway. Landry saw 10 targets for the last two weeks in a row, and Callaway has shown tons of upside and has averaged 8.3 targets over his last 3 games, but has an unfortunate propensity for dropping passes. Hyde has received at least 16 carries and 62 rushing yards per game, and a TD in 4 of 5 games this season, so I don’t mind playing him either.
- UPDATE – Browns WR Derrick Willies now also out, meaning even higher target share for Landry and Callaway.
- Cam Newton was up and down in Week 5, passing for 237 yards and 2 TDs, but with 2 INTs and a fumble. The Panthers are likely to get Greg Olsen back, and the Redskins rank 30th against the run per DVOA, which is terrific for Newton since he’s averaged 9 rushes per game this season. And, of course, this means Christian McCaffrey is also in play.
- If you have access to the Sunday Night Game in your slate, like on Yahoo DFS, go ahead and load up on both Patriots and Chiefs. This one looks to be a shootout with the highest over/under (59.5) of any game this week.
Good luck everyone, and I hope you all win DFS Cash in Week 6!