Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games – Week 17
By Ha Kung Wong Daily Fantasy Football
Week 16 was bonkers as we cashed on almost all the lineups we suggested. And we’re still cashing at over a 75% rate this season! We got a tough week in Week 17 since several teams will be resting players and several have nothing to play for, but don’t worry, we’ve broken that down already and continue to keep a close eye on developments. So keep checking back before kickoff to make sure you get the latest!
We all know that DFS is a great way to prove you have serious football IQ and earn you bragging rights among your friends (and if you’re like me, among your family as well!). And heck, if you win cash, that’s just gravy, right? (No need to answer that question, it was totally rhetorical. I know you all like cash. And gravy.)
So before we get to winning you bragging rights (and DFS cash), remember, the point of this article is not just to give you one lineup for each site, it’s to give you examples of one or two POSSIBLE lineups. Getting exposure to a few different lineups is always a good idea, so don’t forget to mix and match additional lineups from my suggestions below. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way AND you’ll improve your chances of cashing!
Cash Games, for those who don’t know, are essentially the lowest risk games. They include “50/50” games, in which half the entrants win about 1.8x the entry fee, and “Double Ups”, in which slightly less than half the entrants win 2x the entry fee.
Since there’s so many different sites, and I can’t cover them all, I’ve decided to cover just the most popular sites, including Fan Duel, Draft Kings and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy.
First of all, as a general rule for 50/50 Cash Games, there’s a basic target of points per salary cap spent that you’d like to look for:
- For Fan Duel try to target at least 2 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Draft Kings, try to target at least 2.5 fantasy points per $1000 spent.
- For Yahoo! Daily Fantasy, try to target at least 0.6-0.7 fantasy points per $1 spent.
Remember, this article is not focused on GPP (Tournament) Games, JUST Cash Games. Feel free to use a few of these suggested players as a base when constructing a GPP lineup, but you’ll have to take some chances on a few low cost, upside players as well.
So, without further to do, here are my suggestions for the Best Daily Fantasy Football Plays for Cash Games for Week 15 contests, along with they’re prices on Fan Duel (“FD”), Draft Kings (“DK”) and Yahoo! Daily Fantasy (“Y!”).
To provide you with a little diversity, I have two sample lineups for FanDuel this week.
I already discussed all the ins and outs regarding which teams are playing for something, which are playing for nothing, and which who intend to rest players. So I’ll just leave you with the picks and a few notes:
- Russell Wilson and Cam Newton have much to play for in Week 17, and both are playing at a high level with a great floor based on their rushing yards.
- With DeMarco Murray ruled out, Derrick Henry is a cheap volume based RB1 playing for a Titans team that needs to win to potentially make the playoffs.
- Mark Ingram is also playing for a Saints team that needs to win to maintain home field advantage in Wild Card weekend, and faces the Bucs 21st ranked run defense.
- Marshawn Lynch seems to have found new life as Carr has struggled, and will look to run over the Chargers 27th ranked run defense.
- Keenan Allen will be motivated to win and faces the Raiders 27th ranked pass defense.
- Larry Fitzgerald is unsure whether he’ll return for another season, so he should look go out with a bang in the last season of the game. Seattle has a solid pass defense but is only 16th against WR1s.
- I like Doug Baldwin for the same reasons I like Wilson, and faces the Cardinals who are 15th against WR1s.
- Mike Evans is just too cheap. I know he was in a slump but broke out big in the last two weeks. The Bucs are out of it, but can play spoiler against the Saints.
- Antonio Gates may be playing his last game at home, and with Hunter Henry on IR, he had a huge game in Week 16. I think that continues in Week 17.
- Greg Olsen‘s usage is way up, and although he disappointed in Week 16, he’s up against a Falcons defense that’s 22nd defending opposing TEs.
- The 49ers Defense will be facing the second-string Rams as at least Jared Goff and Todd Gurley will be resting. Sean Mannion doesn’t scare me and he shouldn’t scare you either.
On Draft Kings, I also liked Drew Brees, LeSean McCoy, Malcolm Brown and Ted Ginn.
- I like Brees and Ginn as the Saints need to win and the Bucs are 30th against the pass.
- Malcolm Brown will likely lead the Rams backfield committee with Gurley taking a seat and he’s dirt cheap.
- The Bills need to win to potentially make the playoffs and LeSean McCoy is the best weapon they have both on the ground and through the air.
With Yahoo, I also like Jamaal Williams and Golden Tate. Aaron Jones is out, so Williams will be a volume based RB1 against the 28th ranked Lions run defense. Tate should be plenty involved at home in a dome against the Packers 22nd ranked pass defense, and the price is right.
Feel free to use any of the players that I’ve selected on one site in any other site if you have cap space.
In addition to the above, here are few other suggestions for players to use:
- QB Philip Rivers
- RB Alvin Kamara
- RB Ezekiel Elliott
- RB Kenyan Drake
- WR Michael Thomas
- WR Michael Crabtree
- WR Marvin Jones Jr.
- TE Delanie Walker
- DEF Baltimore Ravens
- DEF Minnesota Vikings